Earthmoving at Dreamworld

OzCoasterFreek

I went to Dreamworld on Monday and as I was spiraling my way down from the cyclone I noticed a couple of trucks moving some dirt around on the old Thunderbolt site. I'm not sure if this means anything, but I thought there might be a few people that would be interested. I also noticed a sole piece of old (white) half-burried in dirt and branches, to the right hand side of the station when looking at it from the front. There were a few pieces of the loop the the very back as well. Is most of the Thunderbolt track still on-site??? There wasn't much going on at the new Wiggles area. A few people here and there. Nothing major though. All of the buildings look pretty much finished, from what I could see anyway. I finally got my first ride on the Claw, as I am pleased to say it was great. As someone who is well over the 6ft mark I found the seats and harnesses incredibly comfortable. Anyway, hope this is helpful or interesting to some of you.

I didn't think much seemed to be happening at Wiggles World either. They are really going to be pushing it I think to have it open on the holidays. Though I did notice down in the storage area near the Thunderbolt station a Wiggle's Big Red Car - I don't know if this is part of the dark ride or whether it was just used for promotion or something.

The dirt being literally just "dumped" onto the Thunderbolt site are from the Wiggles World site, where dirt was excavated for the building closest to the Tower of Terror, and for Captain Feathersword's Pirate ship, which apparently will sit half of the water somewhat and half on shore. If you go to Dreamworld at the moment you will notice that land in the Wiggles World area is very flat, and that the buildings in the area have either been demolished and replaced with larger buildings or expanded to suit some of the very interesting attractions that everyone will be uhh.... "bobbing" along to.