"Super Hero Headquarters"

Jaggie

Well i went for another visit to wonderland today and i walked into the main plaza. There was an area over the far side and i saw a poster on it. Curious i walked over for a look and the sign said exactly this "Super Hero Headquarters" Opens September 27th The poster had the wonderland logo and all the marvel superheros around it. All day i was excited. It got me thinking that we may have a new land or even the start of a new land by that date. ON another note Flea were you at the park today because i think i saw you.

Guest boycotta

seriously do you really think wonderland is going to build a new themed land by september 27 come on they are that slow to suggest the upcoming future do you really think they will build a newthemed land and make a quick decision about it out of the blue. all these ruomers this has never been the case. in my opinion that superhero poster is a show that will open. i bet $1000 (dont take it seriously) that this is all a show. or even a character walk about. all i am saying is no there will definately be no new themed area in my opinion and yes it will end up being a show in the end to replace action man. it could be in that arena. no one sees that advertised anymore. thanx

A quick decision about it out of the blue. :?: Whatever they're doing, whether it is a new 20 loop B&M, a new show, a new land, or even a new ATM machine, Wonderland Sydney would have known what they were doing at least 6 months, if not a year ago at the very least. The fact that a poster has been put up sort of suggests that the planning stages for the attraction in question has been completed, and they're going forward with it. Nick Central, what was by all means a huge addition to Dreamworld (complete deconstruction of about 1/4 of the park, and then a complete rebuilding), and it took around 3 months to complete. They had to completely rip up concrete, demolish buildings, rip out trees and plants, relocate animals... and that was all before work started on Nick Central. Watching that built, I must admit - they were going very slowly about it all (until of course, like just about all construction sites two weeks before the deadline), there didn't seem to be any pressure to get it done on time. I have no doubts that Wonderland could get a complete new land running by September. We're also talking the "dead" season at the park, where any inconvenience they may cause, wouldn't have great effects. Whether or not it is a land is a completely different question.

I would be so so surprised if wonderland actually built a major new attraction any time in the near future. For the last many years since space probe (way before this forum existed) there have been rumours that they would build a new ride. However they have never followed through with any plans. When sungei way first took over there were plans to completely upgrade the water park, add a huge wavepool and turn it into a seperate park in its own right (what a great idea... a really good waterpark in sydney would surely do well). This never happened. Then a few years later a friend of mine who worked at the park saw notices in the staff room advising of a new bungee style ride being built around the Botany Bay plaza/lake area. This also never happened. Just look at Sungei Ways other theme park in the company's home town of Malaysia... it never seems to get any new attractions. It is obvious Wonderland is doing everything in its power to retain attendances without having to spend the huge amount of capital required for a new ride. I gave up a long time ago. Get ready for another 'entertainment based' attraction (ie. show) is all i can say... :(

sure wonderland might have been going to build a new ride or land or something but it wasnt displayed to the public like this sign is. That's why i believe that this could be the real thing. On another note that bungee jump attraction was going to be called 'drop by' but i heard that it never went through with because of the danger involved and the training of the staff to use it.

Guest boycotta

when i sent an email to the park they said nothing too big will happen now to confirm what exactly is happening tell everyone what exactly is happening i sent an email this morning i will keep everyone updated until i get a response

Guest boycotta

thats why i thought if wonderland was doing a new themed area like dreamworld you would advertise on mainly tv. cyclone was advertised previous months before it opened and nick central and also movieworlds scooby doo coaster. they were all advertised on tv. although luna park never advertised the big dipper on tv when it opened. they did advertise that the park was going to close for redevelopent but i dont recall the advertisement of the big dipper.

The first advertisements of Nick Central were in mid-October 2002, around two months before it actually opened. Cyclone was similar, if not later. Scooby-Doo Spooky Coaster was being advertised in the park as early as six months before it actually opened - long before anyone even knew its name, let alone seen it advertised on TV. TV advertisements aren't the starting place - they're the finishing place. Whatever this attraction is, I expect we'll see something on TV as it comes closer to launching.

ok guys some people are really going to be dissapointed here....... i rang the park and the sign means that we are getting a new............... area in the main plaza (aka gift shop at entry) it will have all marvel toys, dvd's etc.......... that area of the shop is now cleared out and that's what we all got excited over. I must say that i am vey dissapointed i dont know about you guys. Also thunder 001 has wls sent you the email back yet concerning the information that you have about the 'new attraction by christmas' ? sorry to break this sad news to you people but it's better than us all being dissapointed at a later date closer to september 27th i will keep you updated on this new area in the shop..

Ok I have to say this is pretty Disapointing to hear its only a shop!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Ah wel..... The only other thing that got me thinking was..It doesnt really take 3 months to reconstruct a shop. Since there is already a building there???? Oh well. IMO, they would have only said a shop, but maybe "MAYBE" there might come a themed area with it, that their not telling us. Who knows!

Of course it is only going to be a shop! I expected nothing more from wonderland. I think you guys are putting way too much faith into the park :) The reality is when it comes to new attractions... well its simple... wonderland just doesn't build them. Still I guess it's fun to dream as wonderland is the only local theme park for some of us. Even if a new attraction is built at wonderland in the next few years, it will be at least another 10 years before the next one after that (although look forward to an array of excitingly crappy shows, in-park promotions and expanded retail sections in the meantime). I think Sunway are just really cheap when it comes to their aussie theme park... only one of many assets in their massive investment portfolio. I can't wait 'till a real theme park is built in or near Sydney and will just blow the socks off Wonderland. Hear's hoping...

I think Sunway are just really cheap when it comes to their aussie theme park.
No, Sunway is many ways has brought this park to a top notch park. Just because they haven't added any new attractions, doesn't mean that the park is crap. Look at Sea World, they haven't added a major attraction for a lot of years either, but what makes it a great park is the quality they keep it in. Ever since Sunway has took over, we have seen a lot of great things. (Just look at how clean the park is!) Thanks, ~Flea

denial. I could tell it was gonna be a show or either a shop, am i the only one who HATES shows, i don't even go to them for god's sake!!! It's gonna take more than a few shows and a clean park to impress people. ARRGGHHH i'm so very angry :evil: deep down we know that wonderland is slowly slipping away, and soon we will have no Theme park cos Luna Park is still being renovated. Luna Park was so much better than wonderland all the rides were of top notch quality, but wonderland just UH.... no more shows, no more stores! Give us rides! DIE WONDERLAND DIE U CHEAP !@#$%....... breath..... breath. But seriously does anyone else think that wonderland might get shut down? Does anyone think the park sucks but is to afraid to say so? :(:( :| :bert: eww bert newton