Surfers Paradise - Attractions

shootmagpies

I just thought I might open discussion on Attractions in Surfers Paradise, on the Gold Coast. What does everyone think of Infinity, Snow World, Ripleys believe it or not, Bungee Bullet and Timezone? Its amazing at how much there is in Surfers Paradise, this just gives more than just the beach to visit.

Infinity is great, but the last time I went there in February it's really starting to show its age - few cracked mirrors around the place. That said, there's really nothing else like it and it's a bunch of fun - especially the music in the ball room :P SpaceWalker is cool too - they've obviously spared no expense with the attraction and like Infinity, I was pretty amazed how big the place was once you get inside. I won't ruin it for anybody, but my day was made more embarrassing than usual when I hit a wall at full run in the exciting conclusion to the experience. At least the space cadet hosts got a laugh on their CCTV! One notable thing about Space Walker - the cast there were amazing in the way that everything they did was in character - from the bar staff through to the reception hosts. I'll be the first to admit it's probably gonna be hard to keep a straight face when you're a young person telling two twenty-somethings they're about to travel through space, but they kept up the act all the time. I've never had the pleasure of visiting SnowWorld - though the view from the apartments at Sun City really doesn't make it look attractive. If I want to stand in a freezer I'll go see my friend at Castle Hill Bi-Lo :)

• 1 year later...
Why can't Sydney have more attractions like these? Ripleys is quite cool. On another note why does Surfers have so many mini-golf places? Are they training grounds for future pros because of all the pro clubs or what?
Sorry to bring up old thread. Thats because Putt Putt ROCKS! Lol, I love putt putt. Infinity has changed there maze again as well, like they always do, so its good, its never always the same. Lol I remember I "fell" off the bridge.. I WAS STANDING ON THIN AIR! :P Snow world no longer is open is it? I went there in like 97, it was alright, not the best. Was cold, there were a few ice slides, ice sculptures, and man made snow, that was it. Ripley's is awesome, no matter how many times you go there. I can't believe no one has mentioned Time Zone! Time Zone is so cool. I love it, and it is quite large. And on the plus side you have bowling and target range next door. Surfer's Paradise is my bit of heaven :P

Yeah snow world has been shut for a while now. It was used for Indy and now the land is being used by a car rental company. There is also a Wax Museam near cherveron towers, not sure if its busy. I have never been. There is also a new bowling alley called Strike, its in the new Circle on Cavill area and a Bar called Minus 5 and will be opening in december, they have other bars in Sydney and New Zealand.

Edited by mattcrombie

Funny you should mention Pizza Hut, we couldnt find one. It seems dine in ones are a rarity these days. I have never been to ripleys though, can someone elaborate more on the sorts of things you can do there?
I love the Surfers Paradise Pizza hut coz they have unlimited soft drinks. I wish Melbourne had that.

I haven't been to that Pizza Hut in YEARS, I was also actually quite surprised that it was still there. As Gazza said, the old Dine in style Pizza Hut's are definitely becoming a rarity as well these days (hey, just like Rain :)) If your wondering why this is, just ask any employee (or EX employee of Pizza Hut) and they should be able to tell you as to why it is happening. Oh that's me. The reason they are becoming a rarity these days is because of cost. If you had the choice of going to Pizza Hut, and getting a Pizza as Takeaway, or Dining in for just a little more of the price of Taking it away, which one would you prefer? And it is because of this, the restaurants are losing quite a bit of money, as you pay the price of the Dine-in, and people scoff themselves with usually the equivalent of 1 and a half worth of pizza's, plus deserts, and salads. And you see franchises are seeing it more viable to close their restaurants, because you can pay 15 bucks or so for one person to go to the restaurant, that includes everything, or pay 9.95 for one pizza, then pay extra for drinks and sides. So in a nutshell, the reason they are becoming rare is all due to cost. It's far cheaper to run a take-away shop front, instead of a restaurant.

Go to there website. Its on the data park data base. It is like a maze. But no ordinary maze. You walk through obstacles, pelt big balls at your friends, walk across a bottomless room, walk in a room with wabbly walls and floor, half these hands and things prode you while walking through a dark hallway.... its excellent. Next time your there, GO TO INFINITY!

Infinity was absoulutely the best experience ever!!! Some bits really interesting like the mirror room, were the exit door is a mirror it-self!! :huh: And, the room with all the red laser lights, mirrors and crazy hanging things that dangle from the roof that make you feel like your walking past dead bodies!! :o Anyway, crazy experience, check it out!! Next year should be going to Space Walker. And I was reading the brocher and saw that you can choose which activity you do along the way. Is this true? Cause when I went to Infinity, It's just a simple one-way walk way. Oh, and I've been to Putt-Putt. Great mini-golfing, suggest people to go here as well when going to Surfers! Overall, there is alot to do in Surfers and with the new Haunted House (By Draculars) it will add to the great entertainment precinct it is! CoasterBoy6

How long does it usually take for you to complete Infinity?
A fair while, depending on how quickly you choose to progress, obviously if you run through each room without stopping it only takes about five minutes. When I went we did it in less that ten because one of us had already been, thus wrecking the experience. If you do it all properly and don't just rush through each room, I'd say the average time is around 30 minutes. It's definately worth it!

• 4 weeks later...

Putt Putt ROCKS! I love going there when I go to the Coast. Always play either 2 or 3 games. We did the water one on Saturday and I lost my ball on the bridge, fell int he water so it looked really funky with my two friends and I digging in the water trying to get a golf ball. We stood near the fountain (5th or 6th hole on water ways) because we were getting wet by it hehe then we had a water fight, friend ended up falling into the water and when we gave our clubs back the lady looked at us really weirdly then laughed because it was soo hot. Ripley's is good, the beer thing they have out the front is awesome. You always get some poor tourist trying to figure out how it works.

I went to Infinity and Vomitron Today. It felt like I was only in there for 10 minutes, but we were in there for 1 and a half hours! The Experience was amazing, even after going twice, I still get freaked by the Mystery Zone. The Vomatron, still is amazing and the rush is just awesome, we were on there for 5 mins, then it broke down... We waited 10 minutes, then they sent us around again! Brilliant Ride! But slingshot was broken, and I wanted to hear my girlfriend scream :(