Surfers Paradise - Attractions

shootmagpies

• 6 months later...

hey guys lucky for yous i jsut got back from qld went to all the themeparks ill let u in on the lowdown wats happening up their: white water world is cool best i reckon,dreamworld ne ride coming alter this year *yay*,snow world has been pulled down,wet'n'wild has a roller coaster coming soon and it has nothing to do with water lol terror canyon has been pulled down :(,infinity has new rooms coming yay,never been to ripleys :(,space walker has closed down officaily and thats all i can remember at the moment ohh and also the new Q1 tower has a beautiful view its worth the $20 to get up. so thats the lowdown on whats happening in the gold coast ohhh yes and the freezer in dreamworld is nto scary at all neither is angoscia but one of the people in my line left throguh the emergency exit and my sis who stayed outside saw the grim reeper walk in after it/he/she scared her

Someone asked about the wax museum. We went there last year and I can't highly recommend it for excitement but was interesting enough. Certainly NOT something young kids would enjoy. Ok so you get to choose between two sides. One side is the famous wax people like Elvis, Kylie Minogue, The Queen and so on and really is quite small. Took about 15 minutes to walk through. The other side is called the Dungeon. In the Dungeon you get a tour guide who takes you through to look at all the old equipment used for torture and so on. I do highly recommend this if you have a morbid interest in things like me. It probably takes more like 30-45 minutes, depending on the guide and how many people go with you. So stay clear of the famous people part and go straight for the dungeon (you pay for each side separately too!). Loved Ripley's and the kids did too. Only tip for this place would be to go to their website and get a coupon for adults at kids prices, will save you a few $$. Haven't got to spacewalker or Infinity but not due to not wanting to but more the $$. Will get there sometime soon hopefully. Actually I am fairly sure one of these has closed (spacewalker?) for the time being and will be relocating. Correct me if I am wrong though!

Edited by SassyBrat