IF you could?

Hello, If you could would you stop the idea for Shrek 4D going ahead?... :mellow: I sure know i would, Like somebody has already said here on the forums.. that with another movie companys attraction in the park it will turn the park into a "Movie Park" not a Warner Bros. Movie World. If i could i'd love to see maybe a Harry Potter 4D or even a Matrix 4D!

I wouldn't stop it at all, I'm with Shrek all the way. Mike Myers is an awesome actor who has done heaps for Warner Bros. in the past (e.g. Austin Powers) and his role in Shrek 4D, I have been told, is fantastic. I still can't believe people are getting so caught up in who owns what.

I think the Shrek 4D attraction will be great for Movie World. The Powers to be don't seem to have an issue with its inclusion, so why should we. It should be all about the experience for the patron. Universal have used the studio facilities in the back lot for a number of movies. Do people really want to go back to the old studio system where you could only work or present for one studio??? I don't think so, there would be nothing to gain.

sure know i would, Like somebody has already said here on the forums.. that with another movie companys attraction in the park it will turn the park into a "Movie Park" not a Warner Bros. Movie World.
And why would that be such a bad thing. WB doesnt really make enough movies that would really be suitable for a ride, and even for the ones that are suitable they dont use the franchise for something good enough, so why not boost their lineup. Since when were companies totally mutually exclusive? There is such thing as a buisness deal between companines. Who else would make a shrek 3D attraction here anyway? Dreamworld? Dont make me laugh.

LunaParkFanatic - here is what I don't understand. You are a person who thinks Luna Park in Sydney is amazing and can do no wrong. This is despite the fact that Luna Park's main focus is functions and events and the only rides it has are a limited number of old portable models randomly placed around the asphalt. On the other hand we have a world class theme park (Movie World) which is just about to invest in another brilliant multi-million dollar attraction and it isn't good enough?Where is the sense in that? I think I am getting deja vu here

LunaParkFanatic - here is what I don't understand. You are a person who thinks Luna Park in Sydney is amazing and can do no wrong. This is despite the fact that Luna Park's main focus is functions and events and the only rides it has are a limited number of old portable models randomly placed around the asphalt. On the other hand we have a world class theme park (Movie World) which is just about to invest in another brilliant multi-million dollar attraction and it isn't good enough?Where is the sense in that? I think I am getting deja vu here

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The reason i love Lunapark Sydney is because i've only been to Movie World once, in 2001 and i was there for 3hrs. :( I do know that Lunapark Sydney is not the best themepark and i agree with that, but iam sure when i move up to QLD next year Movie World will be my new favorite park! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Why would you want to stop Shrek?  I really have a hard time understanding people.  Who cares what studio it is?  I don't, nor will the guests.  Watch the attendance spike and tell me I'm wrong.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I totally agree with you joz.Who cares who makes it as long as it's entertaining that's what counts.I also love Shrek and i can't wait to see it next month.

ok so shrek is replacing marvin the martian in 4d. i never got to see that show. was it bad? lets face it, shrek will attract more money than marvin the martian. if it didn't make them more money they wouldn't do it. there are a whole bunch of movie franchises that aren't ever going to see the light of day here in a theme park of their own studio. the only way we're going to see them is in wb movie world. when people are sick of shrek its not hard to change to another 4d movie. charlie and the chocolate factory would make a great 4d movie... but it would also be awesome as a ride :)

I don't see charlie & the chocolate factory being any good for a 4d - but i know it is being turned into a ride @ a themepark in England. I also found a good looking Terminator attraction @ Movie Studios park in Italy. Plus i thought if they want to replace the Police Academy show, they could do something like Dukes of Hazard.