Movieworld or Dreamworld?

scott

No this isn't a "which is your favourite?" poll but it still asks the age-old question-MW or DW. I'm buying a season pass soon but question is whether to but one for Movieworld, where I can watch the Superman construction and hopefully ride it (I am leaving for france on 2nd of December) or go to Dreamworld and get some serious riding done- the MW season pass is alot cheaper so I am inclined to got there but Dreamworld is nagging at the back of my mind small mind....what would you do if faced with this life or death descision?

Edited by scott

Movie World is a fantastic park with heaps to offer - you'll certainly get your monies worth out of an annual pass! I suppose the choice of park depends on what you're into, each park offers slightly different things… Why not get a Movie World pass and then when it expires head over to Dreamworld for a year?

Fer me, I'd go with Dreamworld, I reckon I could spend a lot more time in Dreamworld than in Movieworld. It has more attractions (IMO, better attractions). I also found it hard to get a full day out of Movieworld both times I went there, also, half of those days were taken up by shows and exhibits, so if I were to get a season pass to Movieworld, it'd be hard for me to spend a lot of time in there because I doubt I'd spend a lot of time watching repetitive shows, or the same exhibits. Compare this to Dreamworld, in which I could re-ride the rides as much as I want, which would take up a lot more time, as there is a lot more to do. Hell, I could even visit those animal type of places at the back of the park for once, that'd be ok. Movieworld may be more presentable, but for a Season pass, I just don't think I could do it with movieworld, it would get too repetitive, and I'd get a lot more out of Dreamworld. Hey, and also, where did you get that picture of the Claw from in your avatar, I havn't seen that picture before, any chance I could get it from you (the full pic, not the small pic). Anyway, those are my thoughts.

It all depends on preference really. If you're wanting to head down every weekend or so and just hang out and have some fun, definitely Dreamworld. However, if you're wanting to head down once a month for an escape from the grind, Movie World is where to go for sure. However remember that MovieWorld does have a somewhat smaller attraction ratio compared to Dreamworld, however their rides are of a much higher quality. Also, in my opinion the price of the card shouldn't be a factor as it would be like saying "Disneyland's passes are too expensive, so i'll just go to SFMM instead".

Well I couldn't decide which one to buy either so I just bought both and I'm glad I did. I find that now that I visit the parks more often then I used to I don't need as much time in each park and since I always go on a weekday when the park isn't too busy it doesn't usually take long to get a couple of rides each on some of my favourites. Therefore I find it great to visit both parks in one day - dividing time up for 3.5 hours at each. This way I get a much greater variety of rides and also get to watch the construction on Superman. Buying both of course is twice as expensive but if I was only able to choose one I really wouldn't know which one to go for - but it would probably have been Movie World because it has some of my favourite rides and also means I get to see Superman construction and then ride it when it opens - plus its cheaper as you mentioned.