Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cokecool

Wonderland Owners!

8 posts in this topic

Guest Cokecool

Who do you thank has treated this park better? Who would you like to see buy the park? Taft/Kings added DEAMON Paramount added Space Probe Sunway added ___________SHOWS! :evil: :evil: :evil:

No, sunway has gotten the park in great conidition. When Paramount owned the park, Wonderland went down hill. The park was dirty, and didn't have great staff. Sunway is doing a lot of good to this park, and I hope they own the park for many years to come! ~Flea

I am not sure that paramount ever owned wonderland in sydney. I know that before Sunway, wonderland was owned by james hardie (Australian company) so I am not sure where this whole paramount thing comes into it. I am just waiting for richard to investigate and clear it up. In any case I do not believe any of the previous owners have done it justice. What we need is for a huge american theme park company to come in and take over and inject ridiculous amount of much needed capital.

America ain't coming here... and if they ever did, don't expect much. The absolute bottom Six Flags parks, SFKK, SFEG etc., get well over 1,200,000 guests/year. That's seasonal. Wonderland, and indeed all Australian parks, at their best get 1 million/year, and that's year-round operations. The Australian dollar is a bit more than half the value of the US dollar. You do the maths - they'd be much better off sticking where they are.

Sad but true. Richard... can you add anything regarding the previous owners of wonderland? I would be interested to clear this up. It is very hard digging up info on wonderlands history

i dont know about much of the history of wonderland but ill have a stab at what i think i know [aka not much] i thought that the relation that paramount had with the park was that some of the rides eg. zodiac came from paramounts king domain park and some of their other parks. These rides i think were bought by another company and paramount jontly owned the park. that's all the history i know i dont know if its true or not

Please refer to topic 'So wonderland used to be owned by Paramount' for some new info I have found regarding wonderlands previous ownership.