Best place to buy tickets?

andymc12

Hi All, Travelling to the gold coast in a couple of weeks and trying to find a good deal on tickets. The Adult online price is $60, Tours and Tickets (at pacific fair) have them for $58 (as do some hotel's tour desks). But does anyone know where I can do better? I see "two for one" deals and adult's at kids prices mentioned here and there but can't find where to get any. Same goes for dreamworld and the other theme parks. I'm not a RACQ member and don't belong to any unions. Any ideas would be much appreciated, Andy

i just went to sea world yesterday for $38. I had an adults for $38 and children (4-13) and pensioners $24 shop-a-docket. Unfortunately it expires today 12-09-2005 (that's why i went yesterday!) You can get shop-a-dockets from the hotdockets website. Sea World doesn't seem to have any new deals though, probably because the weather has warmed up and its gonna get a lot busier now.

With the holidays starting, there won't be many discounts (if any) doing the rounds. Probably the best value tickets the Gold Coast parks offer is a 3 park super pass, which allows 14 days unlimited entry into the parks for the price of entry into the 3 parks. You do have to visit all 3 parks (Seaworld, Movieworld and Wet 'n' Wild) before you can go back to a park you've already visited. Not aware of any deals on Dreamworld, sorry.

I'd be very cautious against buying tickets off Ebay, as there is no guarantee that tickets will be honored, and a couple of those do look a very questionable.  Your best bet is to buy tickets direct from the park, or from an approved agent (hotel, motoring association or something like that).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Couldn't agree with you more.My friend bought some tickets from ebay, But what the seller didn't mention was that it was only for QLD or Northern NSW residents only.He was fuming. Edited by dreamworld_rulz

• 4 months later...

I can't believe this hasnt been posted but the best and cheapest place to buy tickets is from racq if you are a member. If you are from NSW or VIC and you are NRMA or RACV I am sure they must do similar deals but RACQ offer about $6-7 dollars of normal ticket prices and more for super pass and annual passes and thats's available all year round. That's about the cheapest you can get unless you get one of their adults at kids prices vouchers but they are usually for the off season and only available to local residents