Sign in to follow this  
Adam

Hong Kong Disneyland Resort

7 posts in this topic

Quite possible that something will appear on the Telly about it, as whilst browsing Sky News Active, there was a little bit of info about the opening, and how they hope to server 3.5 million guests per year. That was all in the Latest Headlines section.

At 3pm today there was a half hour program on Channel 7 about Hong Kong Disneyland. It looks AMAZING!!! And that's just from where it's located. The program gave you a guided tour, of sorts, around the park, and somewhat compared it to where each section originated in Anaheim. Anyone else catch it???

Yeah I saw it today. It wasn't bad, I just wished it had gone longer. One negative of the show was that it made Dreamworld look really crap and made Movieworld seem the classiest park out of our Australian Theme/Amusement parks.

Yeah I saw it today.  It wasn't bad, I just wished it had gone longer.  One negative of the show was that it made Dreamworld look really crap and made Movieworld seem the classiest park out of our Australian Theme/Amusement parks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's not a negitive. If the parks here can be shown for how crappy they are on a world scale good! migh make people realise theres better and stop going, enough to make them do somthing about it that is. An HKDL looks so beautiful except for the lack of rides. Can't wait to visit next year!

There was an intersting article in one of the weekend papers regarding HK Disneyland and how it will be good for the economy (the government has supported the venture financially) and relying heavily on tourism to support. However, the funniest part was the journalist trying to be cynical with the line about bugs eating the outdoor furniture and Disney Cast Members having to deal with stray dogs. There was also mention that at the preview there was a lack of furniture (which ws to be rectified before te opening) and that the food menu was to be revised to a more Asian feel. They also mentioned that Shanghai was on trak to open in 2012.