Just a quick thought...

OzCoasterFreek

Ok, so Dreamworld has just opened Wiggles World, and MovieWorld has Shrek 4D, both just in time for the school holidays. In December we are all awaitng the arrival of Superman, I dare say that SeaWorld will open their 'Mammoth' slide around that time, and I think Wet'n'Wild will open something around that time as well. But what will Dreamworld do for the annual new attraction/price rise event on Boxing Day? My guess is nothing this year :(

I disagree. I always thought there is plenty to do at Dreamworld but if I hadn't re-ridden any of the rides yesterday then I think I would have left at about 2 o'clock. Cam and I had a good time but yeah there really wasn't that much to do apart from the rides. If you take away Wiggles World, Tiger Island, Blue Lagoon, Nick Central and generally walking around the park it's just rides. The above things are good of course, and I realise there are a fair few of them, but Nick Central and Wiggles world were below our age group, we had already seen Tiger Island a few times and it was too cold to go to Blue Lagoon. DW needs something more for the teenage group, and I can't really think of what fits into that group except rides, which I guess is what they need next.

Edited by scott

Dreamworld is promoted as Australia's premier thrill park - but this is a real stretch when you consider their very average coaster situation. The Cyclone was a pretty poor ride to start with (was better at Luna Park) but it sounds like DW has let it become a lot worse. I would say the one MAJOR gap in Dreamworld's current line up (besides maybe a decent waterpark) is a good roller coaster. In reality, I think a park like DW should really have a number of various high quality coasters. Movie World is certainly showing them up this year

Edited by GoBoi

Ohhh, come on, seriously... It's been said hundreds and hundreds of times, the market doesn't revolve around thrills. And if you removed half of the lands you guys mentioned, there would only be half a park anyway. It's like saying "if you removed all the kids and family attractions, there would only be thrills, which makes for a crap park." Yeah right. Makes perfect sense. You've just started your basic maths, 3-2=1. Now, the first answer to your question is that Dreamworld own a large portion of the market anyway not to worry about Superman at this current time thanks to Wiggles World, and besides, they're making an official release about their next thrill ride ccome December anyway, so relax kids. Like I've said earlier also, Dreamworld is an engaging more than two day adventure for families, however in terms of thrills the park is lacking, how morally sexy they look in their current advertising campaigns, which I take my hat off to, which is fairly just seeming they've won best advertising campaign for a tourist destination in Australia for what... three years now?

Ok, Dreamworld is more or less a two day park for families, all I was saying is that there needs to be a bit more for the teen demographic, that's all, and if there was a more expansive water park, a couple of decent coasters, and some entertainment like Nick Central and Wiggles except for older guests then It would be a more complete park for people my age.

Willsy I also go there for rides and beleive me I would have gone on the rides 5-10 times if I could have except there was no way the queues would have permitted it, and we were going on rides almost non-stop. I may be wrong but I'd say the average teen wouldn't go on each ride 5-10 times, we're not all ride nuts. Anyway it's obvious I'm not going to win this aregument but all I'm saying is that now that DW has enough in the way of family i think it needs a bit more in the teen demographic in terms of rides and also things apart from rides that still apeal to teens.

I agree too, dreamworld now has enough for families, i think having wiggles world and nick are a bit much, but now there is heaps of things for the young ones. What worres me is that if movie world coughed up some more $$$$ and put in some flats, e.g on the lines of the claw, giant flats..they would indeed be australias best themepark. every ride movieworld has is an awsome ride, and well themed. they will have two great coastres, superman being a world class coaster. Dreamworld, really need to do something...and make movieworlds superman look like a carni ride. lets go something 200-300ft :) (world record holderd wouldnt be a bad idea either) weve done it twice!

Edited by kennykoala

I agree kennykoala. I have always been a big fan of Movie World but this year they have outdone themselves and would certainly be deserving of the title Australia's best theme park. The only thing that DW ever had over MW was the number of rides. However, Movie World is catching up at a very fast rate. DW certainly can't compete on ride quality - MW wins this category. By the way - Movie World actually has 4 coasters. 3 of them are excellent and the 4th is a kids ride but still fun

People, just because is over 100 words doesn't make it worthless. Like I said earlier, Dreamworld will be making a press release about the next release relatively soon, so relax. And I hardly call two new needed attractions in "I dunno how long now!" a very fast rate. I'd expect to probably see another small blank spot in attractions, although I'm most probably wrong. And if you've heard all the rumours about the next attraction at Dreamworld this thing will make atleast Lethal Weapon look like Reptar. Small, rough, and just another Vekoma.

lil' monster, For those of us on this site, such as myself, who have heard about Dreamworld's new thrill ride but don't want our balls busted, rather than just me plane coming out and saying what it is, click here to see some search results from these forums. That took me thirty seconds to do by the way.

I wanna see a layout before I pass judgment on what DW's doing, and I wanna see how its going to fit in first. I think Goboi said it well with the gap in DW's lineup being a GOOD coaster, so hopefully that'll be rectified. If I were MW I'd be thinking of ways to combat it now. Also, why are they announcing it so far in advance? Ok, Movieworld did leave it ages before announcing Sherek and Superman, but I can’t think of any park that announces its new attractions nearly a year in advance.