Sign in to follow this  
Berg-und-Talbahn

Disco Train

5 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm from Germany and I'm new to this board. For many years ago a ride named "Disco Train" travelled in Germany, it was owned by the showman "Fehlauer". They sold it later to Australia. Do you know, if the ride was traveling in Australia (who owns it) or was it in a park? Is the Disco Train still in Australia? And I'm looking for photos. I hope you can help me? Many thanks. PS: Disco Train was a himalaya type ride.

Hello, I'm from Germany and I'm new to this board. For many years ago a ride named "Disco Train" travelled in Germany, it was owned by the showman "Fehlauer". They sold it later to Australia. Do you know, if the ride was traveling in Australia (who owns it) or was it in a park? Is the Disco Train still in Australia? And I'm looking for photos. I hope you can help me? Many thanks. PS: Disco Train was a himalaya type ride.
Oh god... thanks for this memory trip. The disco train was used at the Exhibition (brisbane show) back in the 80's/early 90's. My recollection, which i must admit is a bit fuzzy was that there was an accident with it. someone played with their harness while they were on it, flew out and was hospitalised. I never saw the ride again! it was like the Matterhorn, except the chairs were fixed to the floor so instead of flying up, you pinned the guy sitting on the outside of the chair against the side. It was the best!

This doesn't happen to be the Disco Train at LPS?
..and there ya have it. :) never been to Sydney's Luna Park but I just had a look at the Gallery, and thats definitely it. It's probably the one that was doing the show circuit and then got a permanent placement down there. "tango" train though? ewww. What i like about the rides description on the LPS website is that it has a "disco" theme. Then WTF is up with calling it tango then?? awwww now i have to go to Sydney. that ride was a hoot when i was a kid. :) Thanks Paul!