Kevin Hits 11,000!

Flea

Today, I took a trip to Wonderland with my brother and his girlfriend. I looked around the park, grabbed 20 rides on Space Probe (Haha Elissa :D), 5 rides on demon and a ride on TBB. Now on to the interesting stuff.. I was on the lookout for any construction, and the 'Super Hero Headquarters'. There is a big blue wall on the right hand side of the main plaza, just with a big sign saying 'Super Hero Headquarters, opening September 27th'. It's obviously a shop, but I'm very excited to see what will be included in this shop. I met my ride op friend Billy as he was operating Demon and Space Probe, my brother and his girlfriend found it funny that when we were walking into the train, Billy said over the microphone 'Hi Liam!'. I talked to Billy for a bit, and he let me re ride on Space Probe a good 20 times, even though there was a good 10 minute wait (I was a single rider at the time.. so why not! :)) Now onto the main subject of this post. As I was riding Space Probe, Billy informed me that Kevin hit a milestone achievement today. Today was his 11,000th ride on Space Probe, good on you Kevin! For those who does not know Kevin, he is a person that goes to Wonderland every day except Mondays (says Billy..). Scary to know that Kevin has been weightless for over 9 hours! Questions? Comments? ~Flea

hey flea/liam i finally have seen you lol i was there when billy said hey liam i was in the back carrige a group of 4 girls and 2 guys i was one of the guys billy is so cool ey... he has alot of enthusiasm and all staff should be fun like him. btw 3 of my friends bought wonderpasses k back to news... did you see all those trees cleared over just before you gwt into the carpark??? looks interesting. Anyways im tired tonight ill post more tomorrow about happenings at wonderland

You saw me! :) Hehe, I looked so weird today, and wasn't in the mood to talk either, I had a bad week. You should've said hi! Was that the train where it was the girl's birthday? I saw the trees being cleared out, it does look interesting, but I doubt they will be building a new ride which is isolated from the rest of the park. I remember seeing large pipes next to the construction site. Btw, where you on Space Probe between 2:30-3:30? I was there the whole time :) ~Flea

well the thing is i didnt know it was you. I thought it could have been and i thought that you know billy well and him saying "hey liam" i thought well a person that just come on a one off wouldnt be known by staff. But i still wasnt sure. Next time ill say hello. It wasnt till i got home and read this that it said billy said that over the loud speaker i remembered that it was u lol

I guess the 'banana factory' is the Coles Fruit & Veg Distribution Centre thats been discussed in other forums? Question though....Is this actually being constructed in the carparks or on the opposite side to the park. From the picture in the newspaper article posted it looked like it was on the vacant land to the opposite side of the carpark..... And everyday at a theme park? Still beats work in my books, no matter how good or bad the rides are..... :D

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah. A bit more about Kevin. He lives in Campbelltown and travels by train 5 days per week to wonderland. When he gets to rooty hill he walks to wonderland. Apparently he's intellectually disabled and is on a pension. Isn't it great to see someone disadvantaged to do something with their life!

• 2 weeks later...

For a moment there I thought you were the existing Richard that operates rides at Wonderland (inside joke for Jaggie ;)).. but obviously not since you've been either sacked or quit. Do you mind telling us why you stopped work at Wonderland, and what info and rumours you got whilst working there? Thanks, ~Flea