Dreamworld Park Map

GoGoBoy

Does anyone else think Dreamworld's layout is becoming really poor? The Tower of Terror is now more out of place than ever before. Then there's the Cyclone which sits outside the park perimeter in the car park. Tiger Island is another area randomly placed in a corner of the park. And the location of Wiggles World is just bizarre, all squashed in along the front of the river. On top of this, you have a Wiggles World attraction (Farmyard Friends) which is in a completely separate area. I think there are a number of things Dreamworld could do to improve the layout and ensure it all connects a bit better. I was pleased to see they've created a new park map finally (available on the website). I just pity the poor designer who had to put it all together and try and make some sort of connection and continuity with all the different areas

The only thing thats poor about DW's layout is the entrance to TOT. For first timers it can be a little hard to find. Personally id like to see some way of moving it back to the other side....however of cos this would then cause problems with the layout of Nik Central, and the fact that Nik is a childrens area. Anyways to bring this back on topic....i think wiggles world look great....."the colours children, the colours"!!

Perhaps Goboi, though never really noticed it to be honest. But you do have a fair point, as Tiger Island is a now (and has been for a while) a thorough fair, and the entrance of one of the parks main thrill rides is right in the middle of two kids areas. Thing is you can look at that as a positive since when half the family goes on Tower of Terror (or pretty much any thrill ride with how spread out the place is) the other half of the family will be pretty close when they finish their ride. Wiggles World might be oddly placed, but where else would you put it? Its going to be out of place anywhere in the park, so the spot its on probably suits it. Though the Farmyard Friends thing is a bit of a stretch, and AWE can be tricky to navigate, I don’t think its as bad as it comes across on paper, and there isn’t much of an attempt to bring it together on the map (it lists Tiger Island, Tower of Terror and Rivertown as a heading. Repeat, as a HEADING!) Actually, I’m not a big fan of that map. It makes the place look so sparse you’d wonder how you were going to fill a whole day. Paths don’t match up with paths in the land next door, some rides are labeled others aren’t (and there doesn’t appear to be any formula for that either, Rocky Hollow has “Log ride” printed on it, while Thunder River has been left both blank and completely outdoors), designated smoking areas are not indicated, and from that page it would appear that the eateries aren’t listed either. Hopefully the next version will be better J

In regards to the Layout of Dreamworld. The Tower of Terror, seening it is in Tiger Island can be re-themed to some sort of tiger escape.

The Tigers have escaped from Tiger Island, and are taking over the whole world. As part of the country's emergency evacuation plans, we have to blast you into space, to a new colony. We are indeed moving the whole of australia to [insert Planet name here]. Please everyone line up in the queue line [Jungle Theme] for the emergency escape pod, to take you to your new home.
Now that is just an outline of what a new theme for Dreamworlds TOT could be. And it being a rather simple theme, I reckon Dreamworld could pull that one off. If it is abit hard to understand, let me know, and I will re-phrase it. Edited by Paul_Hollibone

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Yeah I agree with Tony. It's about time Dreamworld got a computer drawn map but personally nothing will beat the 2000-2002 year map. They were hands down the best maps Dreamworld has ever produced. Then Nick Central came and the map became quite horrendous with it's cartoony feel and it's massive paths. Now the map looks like what it should look like as it suits the Dreamworld logo very well. I just hope that in the future that they'll produce a map as impressive as the 2000-2002 year map.

The colour codes for different areas a good, but it seems less fun and they left out details like where the smoking areas are. They're going to have to get them re-printed.
The smoking areas are marked on the new park map, for some reason they just forgot them on the internet version.

No worries but lets get back on topic. I think the layout of the park is pretty good. The only major concerns I have are the following: - Tower of Terror is just on its own. - The Farmyard Friends is miles away from Wiggles World. - The BBQ Buffet is on its own. - The Giant Drop has no theme relations with the Log Ride whatsoever. Putting Wiggles World where it is was a bad idea. If they had got rid of the Paddle Wheeler and put Wiggles World on the island that would've been a hell of a lot better. Why? Because then they could extend the queue line of the TOT over the train track (with scenery inside of coarse) and made where Wiggles World is into some kind of run down city Broadwalk with an interactive dark ride where the Bid Red Car ride is. It would also be easier to tie the Buffet in with the land too. Plus they could build a bridge from Wiggles World over to Farmyard Friends so that's killing two birds with one stone so to speak. As for Rocky Hollow? I think they should retheme the Log Ride which ties in with the Giant Drop's theme. They could easily pull that one off too. If they did all that then the park would be perfect, layout wise. Anyone agree?

The probalem with Dreamworld, I believe stems from when they started going away from the original themed areas. The park was orignally planned out to have separate themed areas which had a distinct beginning and end. They then started blending these areas together which (at least IMO) made the park loose some of its charator. Having said this I tend to think they did the right thing. The themed areas that thay had originally would seem a bit lame to the young folk of today. So they had to do something and good on them!! Unfortunatley there is (or at least was) no real overall master plan. Therefore things just keep getting added basically where ever they can fit them within the existing perimeter of the park. I think Dreamworld is great. I think this for many reason (most of them semi emotional for me)...I have been a Dreamworld fan since before it was even open. So I am not knocking them....but I can see why most of you think it is poorly planned and I can see why it has become so.

Edited by Big Al