Sign in to follow this  
paul frank

RCT3 Wild!

7 posts in this topic

What do you guys (and girls) think of the new expansion of the rollercoaster tycoon 3 series called Wild!.
I've been beta testing it and found it a bit of a disappointment - the animal side requires constant attention with fences breaking, animals complaining and getting lost, escaped and stuck and trainer problems, etc. The buildings are corny - the reptile house looks like an enormous 6x6 wombat poo. The most fun I've had yet with this pack is dropping a zebra into the lion house and watching the fun! The new rollercoasters are beyond believable, with 'splittable' trains that detach mid course, some stupid robotic arm coaster and just some really unbelievable coaster types. That said, the new theming elements and track developments make the game worth buying - there are now a heap of added track elements that let you place track on all sorts of different angles instead of relying on the old RCT2 and 3 methods of only putting big elements at 90deg angles. I'm really not a fan of the animals things, but the theming and track stuff makes it a good pack to have in your collection.

The new rollercoasters are beyond believable, with 'splittable' trains that detach mid course, some stupid robotic arm coaster and just some really unbelievable coaster types.
That Robotic Arm Coaster is real, it's in Legoland in California and rumored for a new DCA ride based on the Incredibles.

You know what would be a really smart idea for those down at Atari, is to make a box set edition with both add-ons on the one DVD. Make people pay a little over the normal price or whatever amount to have all three cds and just combine it all onto the one DVD so people don't have to spend half an hour installing RCT3, it's just basically done when you finished installing. But hey, it's Atari, let's not get carried away with fancy ideas...

Hmm... well there you go. Yeah last time I saw the Robotic arm coaster was in this year's or last year's IAAPA, and it was only on say 20m worth of track tops. Just for those interested, it's basically a deritive of the original "robot coaster" like the ones from Lego Land, in fact it is the same manufacturer etc., however, the plans for the new ride is to develop it into some sort of revolutionary new coaster. How that fans out for capacity is another thing in its own however.