Gold Coast trip report

denim_dude

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are thrilled to announce that we open our doors on Wednesday October 26th and welcome our first guests to the World’s Tallest Residential Tower. Q1 Resort & Spa boasts modern and spacious one, two and three bedroom holiday apartments with the added benefit of designer kitchens, unique glass enclosed balconies and the convenience of daily mini-room servicing, 24 hour reception/concierge and first class resort facilities. Living the high life Upon opening on Wednesday October 26th, guests can take advantage of facilities including lagoon swimming pools, a natural sandy beach, as well as an indoor lap pool, fitness room, conference facilities, inhouse theatrette and Beach Club poolside dining (opening in December). Holiday Highlights Q1 will be home to Australia’s only beachside observation deck, with views from the surf to the hinterland and beyond. Queensland’s first observation deck, at the top of Q1, is 235 metres above the ground. An express lift takes you to the Observation Deck in less than 43 seconds. On a clear day, you will have magnificent 360-degree views of the endless Gold Coast coastline and stunning hinterland. The Q1 Observation Deck opens in December, along with the Q1 signature store. Admission will be $16.50 for adults, $12 for pensioners/concession and $9.50 for children. Family passes and group rates are also available. For more information visit www.Q1observationdeck.com Q1 Illuminates for Charity Q1 will join the ranks of the Empire State Building, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, Kensington Palace, the Sydney Harbour Bridge and other world famous land marks when it turns pink next week in the name of breast cancer research. Q1 will turn pink on the evening of Sunday October 23rd, on the eve of the National Breast Cancer Foundation's Pink Ribbon Day, to bring to a close the 2005 Global Illumination which was initiated by Estee Lauder in 2000. Q1 will stay lit until Wednesday October 26th OCTOBER 2005 cool eh :D

235 k/ph? Were you planning on going to the moon or something? There is literally no way you could've gone 235 k/ph "safely" without being reduced to a human putty after the amount of g-force you would've experienced. Look at it this way, you'd be hitting around 11 G's when you hit that ramp if you were doing 230 or more. That's 77 tonnes of steel hitting the ramp and the tower, well beyond the structural limits of the Dreamworld Tower. And the wire fence? There's a steel grid to stop people from falling in, and it'd be pretty stupid to have a grid like that electrified in public, without signage, and in such a thoroughfare. I touched it this morning and I didn't die, unless i'm dreaming this post.

235 k/ph? Were you planning on going to the moon or something? There is literally no way you could've gone 235 k/ph "safely" without being reduced to a human putty after the amount of g-force you would've experienced. Look at it this way, you'd be hitting around 11 G's when you hit that ramp if you were doing 230 or more. That's 77 tonnes of steel hitting the ramp and the tower, well beyond the structural limits of the Dreamworld Tower. And the wire fence? There's a steel grid to stop people from falling in, and it'd be pretty stupid to have a grid like that electrified in public, without signage, and in such a thoroughfare. I touched it this morning and I didn't die, unless i'm dreaming this post.
I said. T.O.T. We got on the T.O.T. after an hr as some stupid kid touched the wire fence (where the NYC skyline is) and let of some discharge so his/her parents told the ride ops and they closed it till a sparky inspected it. mad.gif At the end of the ride the display said that we travelled 235 kph. ohmy.gif Didn't feel that fast. sad.gif I didn't say we travelled that fast.I said the display said we did, Also i didn't say that the kid died nor did i mention that he fell in.Next time read the post properly before making a comment.

Buddy, someone doesn't need to say something directly for it to have an underlying message. When you say "it didn't feel that fast", you are implicating that you agree with what it said, so don't give me crap about it buddy. And yes, I know where you're talking about, and yes I still agree with what I said earlier. The only way something like that would've happened would be if one of the transformers in the station weren't earthing properly and let discharge into the building's structure, but that would mean that there would've been alot more fried people than just one kid, so I'd say he probably pricked his finger against something in the dark.

And yes, I know where you're talking about, and yes I still agree with what I said earlier. The only way something like that would've happened would be if one of the transformers in the station weren't earthing properly and let discharge into the building's structure, but that would mean that there would've been alot more fried people than just one kid, so I'd say he probably pricked his finger against something in the dark.
If charge was somehow getting into the buildings structure due to something not earthing properly (BTW transformers would not be earthed because it would be pretty stupid having a transformer stepping down to 0 volts), it still would not have gone through the kid because any current would just go through the building because it has a lower resistance than human flesh. Im guessing the kid just built up a fair bit of static charge and then earthed himself by touching the fencing, giving himself a shock. As for the speed display showing 235kph, i bet you the speed measuring device was made by Poltech :P