Gold Coast trip report

denim_dude

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOOOOO damm, oh well, staying with my uncle is the only option. And Richard with your comment, what i really meant was the restraunts around central surfers (Cavill Mall area) I Mean to be quite honest with you, the look of some of the places were just not the same compared to dunedin. I mean it may just be the open layout that most of the restraunts have compared to dunedin, but it may alse be that I make the meals in Dunedins top restraunt and the quality of thre meals just weren't the same. But my ambition to own a top restraunt/s has not died since the age of 10. So in the next few years i may indeed have a very high quality restraunt in the great Gold Coast.

Edited by paul frank

Pfft... 90 minutes. Worst i've done would have to be around the 3 1/2 hour mark. That's practically a large portion of the day gone, purely because we had nothing better to do really. It was also funny to note that only one side was working due to one of the cable holders faulting, a problem I told a ride-op about 3 weeks before the peak period. Funny that. But yeah, the tower is designed over time to shake and what not, which is pretty smart considering at some stages it can have around 25 tonne projected against the tower, not to mention the Giant Drop gondolas and wind resistance.

3.5 hours wait for GD, forget that, I can't think of anything more rediculous than queing for that long. Worse wait I've eer done is 3 hours and that was for the first time I wrode X. I just find that unbelievable that you would have mentioned it to a ride up weeks ago and they didn't get straight onto it and have it fixed... WHAT IS THE WORLD OF THEME PARKS COMING TO!

Yeah i am.I'll do one 2morrow as i'm off to bed now.
Ok here's my trip Report. Wet N Wild The last time i was here was back in 03.We went to Buccaneer Bay and it was awesome.The waterslides were great and loved the bucket tipping over. Super 8 Aqua racer Although it's a long walk to the top and the wind was blowing a gale it was great.I finished 4th and my sister finished 7th this was her 1st time on this ride. The Twister This slide was awesome although for some reason my heels kept bouncing and hitting the bottom of the slide.They were hurting for the rest of the day. Speed Coaster Man what a ride.We went halfway up the slide and nearly went back into the tunnel. Whirlpool This is a great and relaxing ride. Terror Canyon Awesome ride had to wait 30-35 mins for a tube then another 15 mins to get on.But was worth it.The tunnel was really dark. Calypso Beach This is my fav at Wet n wild. Wave pool We went into the wave pool and had fun but didn't stay for the movie as it got a bit cold. Mammoth Falls Had a huge line up which started from the very bottom so we gave it a miss. Movieworld Shrek 4D It was just awesome.Loved every minute.The pre show was great although the lady reading out the rules looked bored.The moving seats made the Shrek 4D more enjoyable.This attraction is a must see. Lethal Weapon Lethal Weapon was it's usual "rough as guts" they had 2 trains operating but were only loading one. Scooby Doo This is my fav ride at Movieworld.I'm not sure if it's me or not but it seemed that the the coaster was going a bit faster this time round then last time.(When you do the section after the lift) Wild West Falls Wild West Falls gave us a soaking.Which was what i needed. Superman Ride It look really awesome and can't wait to ride it in Feb 06. Dreamworld Big Brother House I found it quite small which was a surprise.The house was great and the Rewards Room is really huge also the Friday night games arena looks small as well. T.O.T. We got on the T.O.T. after an hr as some stupid kid touched the wire fence (where the NYC skyline is) and let of some discharge so his/her parents told the ride ops and they closed it till a sparky inspected it. :angry: At the end of the ride the display said that we travelled 235 kph. :o Didn't feel that fast. :(The Claw The Claw was awesome and the line up was really short. Wiggles World Well what can i say.This place is huge.The Big Red Car Ride was great.The car seats 6 ppl which was a surprise.We were in the back with another lady and a couple was in the front,The lady in front was really enjoying the ride.This ride isn't just for the kids. All in all we had a great time except it was windy as hell for the whole 3 days.We can't wait to go back in Feb to ride Superman.