How could Movie World expand?

Adam

Isn't there some room between Lethal Weapon and Wild West Falls, behind the Scooby Doo and Maverick buildings? Perhaps they could extend the path from the viewing area on Wild West there. Perhaps they could also extend the area past the Batman ride and fill in the pond/lake/dam or whatever it is. I'd really like for a Batman/Gotham City themed area. But further than that, my suggestion is just to demolish the film studios. I mean, they don't exactly make much in the way of 'big' films there. The only recent 'Hollywood' movies made there to my recollection were House of Wax, Peter Pan and Scooby Doo (and considering the sequel was filmed in America, does this mean that the Gold Coast studios were not up to standard?) and plus they are all films that probably could have been done without. So my suggestion - get rid of the studios. Afterall, major films made in Australia are done in Sydney at Fox Studios.

Edited by matty_o_911

But further than that, my suggestion is just to demolish the film studios. I mean, they don't exactly make much in the way of 'big' films there. The only recent 'Hollywood' movies made there to my recollection were House of Wax, Peter Pan and Scooby Doo (and considering the sequel was filmed in America, does this mean that the Gold Coast studios were not up to standard?) and plus they are all films that probably could have been done without. So my suggestion - get rid of the studios. Afterall, major films made in Australia are done in Sydney at Fox Studios.
They actually use those studios all the time for big movies from most film companies including Universal, Fox, WB, New Line the list goes on alot of projects are kept quiet just last week there was a war scene being film in the swamp. The thing now a days is alot of movies are filmed in 4 or 5 locations just check the credits on the next movie you watch and you may see the following. Canada Crew (with names) England Crew (with names) Hong Kong Crew (with names) films are so different compared to 30 years ago. As for Space at the park this is in the pipeline, but to quote from a Brittany Murphy film "Ill never Tell" but I would say you guys will have a clearer picture come 2007.

I believe that they should utilise the area behind the studios and yes they arent used that much but it would be pretty cool if they start the Studio Tour again (i think there was one). They could have a ride in the Studios, isn't that why it Warner Bros. Movieworld??? All about the movies and not a STUDIO TOUR? but yes, they might even use the area where that river thing is infront of the Batman area and Looney Tunes River Ride. Anyway...

Maybe something new for the Matrix Area, but for Police Academy, maybe re-devlop the show as a Dukes of Hazzards Show??? Concerning the Matrix Exhibit, on the park map, they have a picture of a Red Train outside the building of the Exhibit, now is this still here for exhibition, or is it something they have not removed from the map from Harry Potter?

Its still there; where the entrance to Harry Potter walk-thrus were, there is now a Harry Potter shop, so it fits in well. Agreed though, something different for the Matrix building would be nice. Matrix was never the strongest attraction, and now that the Matrix craze has come and gone, perhaps its time to move on to something else for there (I still say a Charlie and the Chocolate walk thru would go quite well. And not taken behind the scenes of the movie, but rather into the actual chocolate factory itself). I personally don't think Police Academy should go anywhere, its just too good a show. Maybe update parts of it, but seriously, why fix something that isn't broken? Police Academy is a real "Hole in one" attraction, as it took only one go to get it just about perfect. Even though there is a fair amount of room tied up in PA, I think keep it at least for now. As for actual expansion, you’ve gotta think behind Maverick all the way to the back of Wild West, and depending on if there’s a drainage issue or not, out the front of Batman. As much as I’m not a fan of the studios, I don’t think getting rid of them would be a very good idea. Moving the smaller buildings to the other side of the studios might free up some additional theme park land, but I think we are more or less stuck with those sound stages where they are. Really, even if they aren’t making any major Hollywood films there, quite a few local productions still go through the studios there, and without those studios, the Australian Film industry would be even weaker.

Its still there; where the entrance to Harry Potter walk-thrus were, there is now a Harry Potter shop, so it fits in well.
I used to think this was a shop too, but it's actually the walk-way (a brick tunnel) that takes you through to the Hogwarts Express' "station platform" - you can actually board the train and look at where the driver stands. The actual Harry Potter shop is in Main Street opposite the Roxy Theatre.

Warner closed the Original Studio Tour because of too many people wandering off the trains, into the studio itself. How about they make a fake studio tour? You know, same deal with a fake, purpose built set. In regards to the Matrix & Charlie Chocolate Factory idea, it is quite gold, but I don't think WBMW have any plans for something like that.

I foresee that a Superman exhibition will replace the Matrix next year to coincide with the release of the film. Movie World could likely obtain many of the props from the Sydney production and also I believe the studios at Movie World will be doing some special effects/miniature work for the movie so I think it is entirely likely and logical that Superman would be the likely replacement to the Matrix.

Personally I think the Charlie and the Choclate family name deserves more than a walkthrough, it could quite easily be a boat ride like the one in the movie. Another option is a glass elevator ride. The vehicles could be glass or perspex replicas hung from an overhead track (there is a travelling ghost train that has a similar suspended system) and you would go on an adventure through the factory.

Maybe they should make a massive haunted ship that people can walk through. Like you know, instead of a haunted house, make a haunted ship and call it Ghost Ship - like from the actual movie, Ghost Ship! If they're going to make a Charlie adn The Chocolate Factory walk-thru, they should atleast put free chocolates or something. That would be so cool!

I wonder if would be possible to get the licence from BBC to do a Dr Who themed ride. It could br really good. You could start off by going in the Tardis and when you get out you find yourself somewhere face to face with an army of Daleks. Prehaps it could have an interactive element to it where you have to try and shoot them.