Sign in to follow this  
Gazza

Bucaneer Bay Photos

20 posts in this topic

I was just wondering if anyone has gone to see bucaneer bay in the flesh yet, or taken any photos? I have been quite interested to see how the whole place has turned out but there seems to have been a bit of silence despite its opening.

I saw an add and it looked quite good, and yes it is very damn hot up here it's supposed to be 36 today but I haven't ventured outside yet. Pitty I only have a season pass for DW and not WNW but oh well at least there's blue lagoon.

Edited by scott

Yeah if anyone can get any pics of the new Wet n Wild attractions that'd be great. The park is doing some fantastic things this year and it would be a shame if we didn't get any coverage of it

I guess its not really a theme park,its a water park, and if you added WnW you would then have to add all the other smaller waterparks, pretty soon you would have a database full of rides nobody really cares about.

No, I don't agree with you there because the four gold coast theme parks are the most well known in Australia. So i think that it should be added. Especially Movieworld. :mellow::huh:^_^

If there's a whole discussion area in the forums, I would have thought there would be some form of gallery. I know there are some historic pictures of the park, maybe there will be an update soon considering the arrival of all these new rides?

To me, Wet And Wild is not a Theme Park. Sure it has it's "Thrill Slides", but as Gazza Said, if you contained it as a Theme Park, you would have to add all Swimming Pools with water-slides. I do think the main contributing factor to everyone calling it a Theme Park is because WVTP call it a THeme Park, and it is owned by a company of theme parks. But even the Water Parks owned by Six Flags, they can be easily be called a "Theme Park" or a "Component" to a theme park, as they do have theme park style attractions, with one of the "Marine Worlds" even having a Rollercoaster. I know some people are going to argue with my stanse, but that is how I feel. Also, Gazza, you ridden Giant Drop Recently and engraved your name on the very deralict inside control panel theming?

Edited by Paul_Hollibone

To me, Wet And Wild is not a Theme Park. Sure it has it's "Thrill Slides", but as Gazza Said, if you contained it as a Theme Park, you would have to add all Swimming Pools with water-slides. I do think the main contributing factor to everyone calling it a Theme Park is because WVTP call it a THeme Park, and it is owned by a company of theme parks. But even the Water Parks owned by Six Flags, they can be easily be called a "Theme Park" or a "Component" to a theme park, as they do have theme park style attractions, with one of the "Marine Worlds" even having a Rollercoaster. I know some people are going to argue with my stanse, but that is how I feel. Also, Gazza, you ridden Giant Drop Recently and engraved your name on the very deralict inside control panel theming?
I'd be interested to know then Paul, what exactly is your definition of a theme park?

I'm not sure where this has come from as Wet'n'Wild is in the database and has been since the start. http://www.roller-coaster.com.au/park.php?pid=24 It's a bit lacking at the moment but feel free to contribute to it: http://www.roller-coaster.com.au/addcontent.php?add=ride The database is a "park" database. Amusement, theme or water. They are all included.

I think perhaps it might have come about because there is no selection tab for Wet'n'Wild under the "Park Galleries" option on the photo galleries page??? And scott might not have had the time to sift through the individual galleries???

I think perhaps it might have come about because there is no selection tab for Wet'n'Wild under the "Park Galleries" option on the photo galleries page??? And scott might not have had the time to sift through the individual galleries???
That is exactly what I meant :rolleyes: