Sign in to follow this  
GoGoBoy

Cinema, office block & court case

6 posts in this topic

I'm surprised no one has posted this article yet - Bid to make bigger Luna Park sue-proof It would be nice if this decision would bring about a serious upgrade of the current ride/attraction line-up or even a new ride altogether. But instead we're getting 1 less ride (removal of the UFO for cinemas) and 2 new office blocks. The amusement park seems to be the last thing on their minds

It would be nice if this decision would bring about a serious upgrade of the current ride/attraction line-up or even a new ride altogether. But instead we're getting 1 less ride (removal of the UFO for cinemas) and 2 new office blocks. The amusement park seems to be the last thing on their minds
Thats terrible news. The UFO was one of only a few good rides there.

A user on my site posted that same article, and the way I read it was that they were going to move the UFO to another location such as Maloney's Corner. Perhaps this is where Maloney's Gets it's refurb.

I agree with you taronga. Luna Park is a Amusement Park, not a cafe' area! I truely don't like this idea one bit. But i would love to see that Money's Corner updated, And get a better layout design! I also think they should put some sort of ride where to grass is!

This is becoming another case of huge over-development care of Frank Sartor. Luna Park is stepping further and further away from its origins. I really feel that a large part of the heritage value of the site is finally being stripped away with these new buildings. Unfortunately when developers look at the site all they see is $$$ and it's starting to become clear that the current owners are no different. I think the only way they could redeem themselves is by putting some money back into the fun park. They should reinstate one of the popular old time rides like the River Caves or something similar. And as was suggested they should also refurb Maloney's Corner and increase artwork and theming around the park. What do you think the chances of this happening are? I'd say very slim