New Ride for Dreamworld

rappa

Okay so it's not very often that I come across something I think is both Original AND a cool concept for a ride. I discovered this little known Coaster on RCDB the other evening and really took a liking to it. I think this could be the next thrill ride for Dreamworld. Basically they could pretty much use this exact ride completely as is. It would make a great addition to the line up in the Gold Rush section of the park, perhaps over behind where Blue Lagoon currently is or even put the tower where the old Skyway station is now. Whilst being a good ride for the park, it wouldn't be TOO scary so would have a wider demographic and would pull away from the currently over crowded Ocean Parade section of the park. I figured this could be an equally good addition for MW or DW however Movie World really needs a non-coaster ride next and I think this would be better for the DW park. http://www.rcdb.com/id1481.htm What do you all think?

That'd be like saying the Skyreach is unimpressive because it passes over (or did that is) Giant Drop. Now, as for Gold Rush, a ride at that sort of scale wouldn't work. Firstly, there's no hope in hell you'd fit something like a scale oil pump into the Skylink area, but there's always the hope of sticking it around GD (you know, oil right, correct?) however that'd ruin any chance of us getting a themeing idea, especially when the whole "freefall tower as a greasy run down oil rig" idea doesn't work. And let's say we built one of those on a very, very small scale, you'd be looking at literally months worth of closure to the entire Gold Rush area, as a)The Footers would have to dodge both the underground segment of River Rapids and its holding tanks provided they don't want to put footers in the tank, which means then they'd have to drain the entire area out and b)you'd literally need to re-design the entire area to compensate for the efficiency and structural integrity of the ride. Stations, brakes, support systems, all this over a very, very small area. Nice try, but does Dreamworld "really" need two small mine rides? Seems slightly impracticle to me, and that's taking things lightly.

I wouldnt necessarily have to be months of closure since they could just put hoardings up to redirect people. Also maybe the supports that go in the river rapids holding tank could be built first to minimise disruption, and at the same time they could also do something with thunder river (eg more themeing etc) Personaly one of those Geurstauers: http://www.rcdb.com/ig2229.htm would work because it has suitable ride vehicles, a vertical drop, plus the ride can have a couple of barrel rolls thrown in for fun. Also, am i the only one who can see that the tower for that ride at Gold Reef City is not an oil rig. Its actually called as "poppet head" and it is used for the lifts into a mine shaft.

Edited by Gazza

Mousenator, that's very a stupid statement to make. That would be like saying Cyclone makes The Claw look bad purely because it's bigger, or that Lethal Weapon is better than Scooby Doo because it's taller. And then the parks get confused because they listen to those comments, build something huge, and then get told it sucks anyway. Regardless of how much we want to have another mine ride, we already have one! In a park that's reasonably small like Dreamworld, what makes you think that we'd be getting another Mine Ride for the sake of getting another Mine Ride? It'd be like saying "well, The Claw was popular, let's build a bigger one right next to it. That'll get more people to come to our park for sure."

• 3 weeks later...

Isn't that what the Tower of Terror does? I think you're also missing the point that Deja Vu has "two" towers. And if you have read my last post successfully (taking into account you spell enthoustiast well I'm sure that's a given) you will have noticed there's not a chance in nutsville it's going to happen.

Isn't that what the Tower of Terror does? I think you're also missing the point that Deja Vu has "two" towers. And if you have read my last post successfully (taking into account you spell enthoustiast well I'm sure that's a given) you will have noticed there's not a chance in nutsville it's going to happen.
I meant put loo[ps and things through the track. and make it a deja vu stlye ride so you'd go thorugh the loops in both directions. Oh and btw an insult is a great way to welcome me to the site.

"...Oh and btw an insult is a great way to welcome me to the site..." I thought so too, however I thought the crumpets and the merry morning wishes I prepared would've been a little bit too far, and besides, your post was in breach of two guidelines anyway, so I'm essentially in the clear, right Richo. Now, I'm not making enemies, however if we want to have, how should I say it... "daft" users saying "daft" things, well, its only in my best duty to make things right. Do you honestly think I'd sit back and go "oh yeah, it'll never happen... bugger typing though, I'm getting something to eat." Anyway, even then loops on something like Tower of Terror would be impracticle. The slope already used on the current design is designed to use the minimal amount of space required to get the pod from 0-90 degrees, and seeming the pod is very long, and doesn't have and independently moving parts, that's a hard thing to do. So i'd say you'd be looking at 70 metre loops, and then you'd either have to move the entire tower of launch section so you can have an entry ramp and and exit ramp on either side of the loop. Then there's g-force, safey (lap bars + Intamin is an obvious no when it comes to inversions, or rides for that matter) and after all that, a rather small upgrade. This has all been discussed before by the way. Below this post (provided its the latest post in this thread) is a small box with the words "enter keywords" inside it. Type a question in, and before you know it, instant answers.

SK2, I understand that you want to correct an erroneous statement, but stooping to petty insults concerning spelling is very unbecoming. It seems that people on this forum are perched, waiting for someone to say something that can be arrogantly picked apart, and to be honest it is rather pathetic. Just because you may be more knowledgeable on a topic does not make you describing other uses as 'daft' simply for voicing an opinion any less reprehensible. Oh, and if you insist on being exclusionary by employing your superior spelling skills I suggest you look up impractical, safety and the correct application of 'and'. See, doesn't feel so nice when people attempt to demean you does it!

Edited by deano

Regardless of what anyone thinks of another member's posts, there is no need for personal attacks. It's one thing to respectfully say "That's wrong," but there is absolutely no need for namecalling and insults like that. Leave the moderation tot he moderators and if you have any questions about a particular post leave it to us - either by waiting to see if we fix it, or by using the "Report" button which is featured at the bottom of every post. Let's try getting back on topic now.

Indeed, I've seen a lot of picking on-ing-ness during my stay here, and I must say that making a stand now really isn't such a great idea. But hey! Who am I to complain. Anyway, back to wha young_aus_enthoustiast said, I to would enjoy a Deja Vu style ride being added to Dreamworld, however from what I've heard, they're quite inefficient and somewhat unreliable. It would be a cool addition though.