Big Brother

Guest Kyle

Just to make you happy, SK2, I won't give any information, but rather a thought: I went to Dreamworld last week and it is a hell of a long walk from the park to the set. I know the House is meant to be secluded, but does that have to mean a big, big, tiring walk from one place to another? Could Dreamworld possibly shorten the length somehow e.g. offer rides to and from the house in golf buggies (for a price, obvioulsy?) Any comments?

Just to make you happy, SK2, I won't give any information, but rather a thought: I went to Dreamworld last week and it is a hell of a long walk from the park to the set. I know the House is meant to be secluded, but does that have to mean a big, big, tiring walk from one place to another? Could Dreamworld possibly shorten the length somehow e.g. offer rides to and from the house in golf buggies (for a price, obvioulsy?) Any comments?
It's worth considering that the BB complex takes full advantage of the amphitheatre - not only for shows but also as the base for all the studios and production offices, therefore the house needs to be as close to the amphitheatre as possible. I had the pleasure of visiting the BB house this year as the waters began to rise in the Queensland floods, and I think if the house was any closer to the theatre and DW (ie - closer to the creek) we would have seen a flooded BB house on our televisions. It's only 300m from the theatre to DW anyway - stop whinging! I can name half a dozen rides overseas that have longer queue lines! :)

In case you don't remember Kyle, in the first season of Big Brother, the housemates didn't know where the house was - all they knew is that they were on the Gold Coast. They were blindfolded for the launch show. It was during the season that they realised where they were, I think that was due to the sound of the Tower of Terror. It would make no sense in having the house closer to the attractions at Dreamworld because all they would have to do as soon as they woke up was look around and see rides or hear screaming people. For someone who seems to have 'connections' in everything, you don't really seem to know much. :S

I didn't say move the House closer to Dreamworld, I said maybe for a small cost, people could get a ride to and from the set in golf buggies or safari-type trains or something. It would cost too much to move the House anywhere, anyway. I'm not so stupid that I didn't realize that...

In case you don't remember Kyle, in the first season of Big Brother, the housemates didn't know where the house was - all they knew is that they were on the Gold Coast. They were blindfolded for the launch show. It was during the season that they realised where they were, I think that was due to the sound of the Tower of Terror. It would make no sense in having the house closer to the attractions at Dreamworld because all they would have to do as soon as they woke up was look around and see rides or hear screaming people. For someone who seems to have 'connections' in everything, you don't really seem to know much. :S
The last few years i've visited the BB house i've never heard the T.O.T. the only time i heard it was 2 weeks ago when i was crossing the bridge after visiting the BB house.

The last few years i've visited the BB house i've never heard the T.O.T. the only time i heard it was 2 weeks ago when i was crossing the bridge after visiting the BB house.
I totally agree! I not once heard any noise from any ride in Dreamworld at the House, I couldn't even see any rides! If you could hear the Tower of Terror at Dreamworld, why can't you hear it on the TV? Plus, all those birds make so much noise, it's a bit hard to hear much else!

I totally agree! I not once heard any noise from any ride in Dreamworld at the House, I couldn't even see any rides! If you could hear the Tower of Terror at Dreamworld, why can't you hear it on the TV? Plus, all those birds make so much noise, it's a bit hard to hear much else!
If you stand in a certain part of the house (I think near the opening into the Friday Night Games arena) you can definately see (and I think hear) the Tower of Terror/Giant Drop tower. Lol, I know if I was a contestant on the show I know where I would have spent my time looking. And you probably wouldn't be able to hear it on TV because the sound used would most often come directly from the microphones around the peoples necks - primarily picking up voices and not background noises such as the occassional sound of TOT several hundred metres away.

Actually the Dreamworld Tower is <b>clearly</b> from the Big Brother gardens, so much so that even in this year's Big Brother the housemates had an entire hour's worth of conversation about it. On top of that, the noise from the Tower of Terror is easily heard from the gardens, and in fact can be heard from the Train Station which is 1.2km away "in a straight line." There were also a couple of funny mishaps during the series. Private functions that were using the TOT while BB were airing shows from the studios could easily, and I mean <i>easily</i> be heard from Gretel's and anybody elses Microphones. This happened about once or twice in about three episodes from what have I seen and gathered.

Have you walked around the whole park Kyle? cause if so that'll be more than the walk to the BB house. I never heard the tot or any sounds from the park when I visited the house last year which suprised me because I thought you would be able to hear it but I wasnt sure how far exactly it was from the park since I dont watch bb.