Matrix Revealed

Richard

Well, the Matrix attraction we've all been discussing has been totally officially announced as of yesterday. Visit: http://www.thrillnetwork.com/index.php?pag...=thread&order=0 for some details on the ride. Word at this stage is if you're a movie buff, you'll really love it (which I know includes a few people here, myself inclusive).

The next Queensland trip I'm having is in January in 2004. It is for my sister's dancing school. They are having a tour. She and the group is dancing at SeaWorld (In the middle of one of the giant pools) and Dreamworld (Not yet announced where but rumours it is in Main Street). We will be also going to Wet'n'Wild for a day and me and my friend, Andrew will also be going to Movie World and hopefully experience this new Matrix feature! I'm also looking forward to the Scooby-Doo Spooky Coaster too! Although, I know what happens on the ride but it doesn't disappoint me!! And the tour is also going to major Shopping centres like Pacific Fair, ones in Coolangatta and the Chevron Renaissance. We will be visiting Infinity again (yay :D ) and many other things. I cannot wait! :)

Well speaking now as I am finally able to, this is something that has been know to me for the last 2 and a half months. It is nice to be able to talk about it without getting your contacts in trouble. This is a show the likes of wich you have never seen before, nor proberly will again. It is a walk through style of attraction where you enter the world of the Matrix. As for what happens in this world, I am not going to be the one who spoils it for you. You will all just have to wait and read the rumors while I know the truth as allways. :twisted:

Well, yeah, Warner Bros. only have the rights to the first three books for movies as I know it. Chances are Warner Village Theme Parks could only secure the rights to the first two, or opted for an 18 month contract for cost reasons or something. There would have been some reason for closing Harry Potter; not just to replace it with a Matrix attraction... there's plenty of other places they could have done that, and kept the quite popular Harry Potter attraction in place.

• 2 months later...

Look forward to hearing more about the attraction, sadly I'm going to completely miss the opening, although I am going to get free tickets to check it out later on, and I have got discount tickets to Alton Towers (yay!). As for the replacement of Harry Potter, well, the stories I hear (quite possibly false, but believable) was that the attraction was not generating an attendance increase, despite the heavy marketing. Indeed the spike in Movieworld's attendance that is currently being enjoyed came about after Scooby Doo, and has continued despite the demise of Harry Potter. If this is true (I could be wrong, so don't quote me) then I can't imagine the park would want to renew the contract, and I for one can't blame them. Don't forget as well that this decision was apparently made in the middle of the SARS outbreak, when the parks were looking to save money wherever they could. I get the impression with 'Matrix - the official exhibit' (Why are Warner Village project names so much better then the actual attraction names?) that the attraction was made for the space. Not a case of the attraction was designed, then a home was found for it (as Richard said, there are plenty of other places they could have put it). Thunder - I have always been under the impression that each new film requires a separate contract, and that each contract is only short term. So perhaps that’s why the park didn't keep it going - because they didn't want a contract for the next film, and couldn't keep the current Harry Potter attraction open. As was made public by the park at the time, the original plan was to release a new attraction every time a new Harry Potter film came out. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I don't think that the park wanted to do another Harry Potter attraction since the attraction wasn't drawing in enough people. If they wanted to keep the Harry Potter open, I bet they would have found a way, and Matrix would either be something, or somewhere else. Keep is all informed as to how the new attraction is!

Thunder - I have always been under the impression that each new film requires a separate contract, and that each contract is only short term. So perhaps that’s why the park didn't keep it going - because they didn't want a contract for the next film, and couldn't keep the current Harry Potter attraction open. As was made public by the park at the time, the original plan was to release a new attraction every time a new Harry Potter film came out. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I don't think that the park wanted to do another Harry Potter attraction since the attraction wasn't drawing in enough people. If they wanted to keep the Harry Potter open, I bet they would have found a way, and Matrix would either be something, or somewhere else. From what I was told, the park had a contract for the first 2 movies with a option on the third movie, which they did not take up on. One rumor was due to a stall in contract neg due to money, other rumors are as you said and that the attractions was not pulling as many into the park it was first thought. No official word from the park as yet though.

That sounds like it could be about right, although I'm certain someone said something about doing 6 movies. Still, like I say, I'm not as informed as allot of people on this. Indeed half the time its difficult to know which rumours to beleive and which to ignore. Although I still laugh when I get staff tell me things that are obviously false. Cyclone has the same layout as Corkscrew & Cyclone is shorter then Corkscrew are two that instantly come to mind. :D