Little Monster's Flying School Gone!

Flea

My friend Andrew and I went to Wonderland today. As we were running up to Space Probe (Kevin beat us :(), we noticed something missing. It was the Little Monster's Flying School. Everything is gone, except a little pole in the middle of the pool with a garbage bag around it. A sign states that the ride is in refurbishment. As I was riding Space Probe, I looked at the plaza area to see if I could find any construction of the 'Super Hero Headquarters'. I found a very large building right next to the plaza, it looked as if major construction was going on inside. On the subject of that, I can confirm that it will be a shop. A lady selling lollies at the plaza informed me that it would be full of Marvel toys. Last weekeend, I sent an email to front desk regarding how Billy (the ride op) is so enthusiastic, and that he is the best ride op I have seen at any theme park. Well, today as I was riding Demon, Billy comes up to me with 2 pieces of paper. He said "Look at this, your a legend man!" The paper had this written on it.. Dear Billy, A valued guest has informed us on the 21/6/03 of your great co-operation with guests. Regards, Management It then had my email on the second page. He was so happy about that :) While queuing up for TBB, someone had pushed an air gate so hard that it broke, and it could swing freely without locking. Due to this, they had to close down the whole ride and call 2 mechanics to fix it. It took a good 10 minutes to open up the ride again. Just a question for anyone that frequents wonderland, does anyone know if a ride op (or former ride op) has been sacked? His name is Daniel. Btw, Andrew and I managed to get 52 rides on Space Probe. This took my ride count on Space Probe for 2003 up to 167! Thanks, ~Liam

Omg... lol. Also.. some techniques when riding Space Probe. 1. Take a 5c or 10c coin in your hand. Either lay your hand slightly open or closed in order to make the coin float out of your hand when dropping. 2. Turn your head up to see the hook release you down the tower. 3. Put two hands on both of your knees. When you drop, your arms act like weightless wings. 4. Sit in a car by yourself (or with one friend). Sit in one of the middle seats and your friend sit one down from you. Put your hands on the harnesses (or lapbars as some dumb ops like to call them). When hitting the brakes, your arms will thrust down onto the ajacent seat. 5. Sit on the far right side of any car. When going into the top bit, try to touch the speaker (for very long) or the walkway (for medium sized arms). Just let go before you drop. 6. Sit in the same position as No 4. (Or you can sit on a full car if you can fit your arms). Put both your hands at the top of the harnesses. You will feel a full thrust when you hit the brakes. 7. Put your hands on your head. (If you can!) When hitting the brakes you feel a full thrust. 8. The simple one for the beginner. Hold onto the harness bars! 9. Put your hands inside the harness. Cross them so they each hold the opposite harness bar. 10. Sitting on either edge, Put one (or both if you can) hands outside onto the edge you are on. When dropping, they act like 'weightless wings'. 11. When dropping, make a funny face! This isn't a technique, but do it for the cameras! :)12. When dropping, sit normally and try to wiggle very violently like your bopping your head very fast. (Or like this weird teacher at my school writing on the chalkboard ;) ) lol They are SOME of the things you can try, but if you have any to add or adjust, just add or adjust them..!

• 3 months later...

Hey Liam, Just havin a surf, and came across this site. Saw the question you asked about Daniel, and to answer it, yeah mate, I'm gonzo. Got turfed early June. If you see Zoe in the park one day, ask her why. I'm sure you'll enjoy the answer. If you get nothing out of her.... haha ;) , PM me if you want and I'll tell you what happened. Good to see you're still enjoying the park. I've gotta admit I miss the place. Made some great friends at that joint and loved doing my job. Had heaps of fun with the regulars like you knuckleheads and Kev. Would be different if I got to leave on my terms. But, you know how it is mate. What goes around comes around. Look after yourself and keep enjoying it. Daniel

Just to add! The best one is: Before ridding Space Probe when you hop onto one of the carriges (be sure to sit on the edge for this to work) leave anouf room between the harnes and your body then when leaving the bay area stick your head out the side and when you drop it feels like you are sky diving.

Of course, Johno (and indeed anyone), safety always comes first, and you'd never do anything that compromises the safety of yourself or other riders, right? Don't leave it to your judgement either. I know my judgement has left me with broken ribs, ankles, fingers and plenty of cuts, bruises and windings - just from rock climbing (note: we're not talking recklessness - all but one of them was simply error of judgement and never comprimising safety... the one that wasn't was falling three metres and landing sideways on solid dirt and left me with just a bad headache and a bit of windlessness). Just make sure that whatever you do on a ride constitutes safe riding and doesn't break park rules or rules of common sense. Just a friendly community service announcement. :)

I'll second that Richard. There has been big action in the states recently with many parks canning enthusiast events and introducing zero tolerance policies in regards to unsafe riding practices. Under no circumstances should you ever attempt to interfear with the proper functioning of a restraint or safety advice. Done ruin things for those who ride safely by doing otherwise guys.