Giant Drop Views

I'm not sure if it's still running, because I haven't seen it go up, but ages ago I did go on the eastern Giant Drop gondola, and I felt extremely sick and light-hearted looking out at the ocean. I found no problem with this on the western gondola (which I go on all the time). Has anyone else experienced sickness on the GD?

Edited by The Theme Park Master

Is the Giant Drop an Intamin ride? I thought the TOT and the Claw were the only rides in Dreamworld that were manufactured by Intamin. Tell me if I'm wrong though... I'll check, anyway. Yep, my bad! I just checked the ride database and the GD is an Intamin ride. Ha! You learn something new everyday! A lot of people will say that they had no trouble, but that would be because you probably went on the western gondola. Anyone who has been on the eastern gondola, did you get sea/height sick?

I know this is kind of getting off topic, but like I said before: has anyone noticed that the eastern gondola on the GD isn't dropping anymore, and could a really in-depth Dreamworld fanatic (no offense to anyone) tell me whether it is or not? I would say it isn't, because the last four or five times I've been to Dreamworld, I haven't once seen the eastern side of the ride. If you really want to know the truth, I didn't even think that there was an eastern side to the ride! So, does anyone know?

Edited by The Theme Park Master

The only weird feelings I've ever experienced on the Tower was the gentle shaking as the pod hit the tower. Mmm... calming. Apart from some minor problems last year, for basically the entire time this year both sides have been running perfectally. Actually this year the western lift had some problems, but lets not delve into that. Just for the record, the Tower of Terror is the only ride made by Intamin's main department, the other three, that is the River Rapid seating, The Claw and The Giant Drop were all from Intamin's rides divion known as "Ride Trade."

The only weird feelings I've ever experienced on the Tower was the gentle shaking as the pod hit the tower. Mmm... calming.
I hear you SK2. When I went on the ride, I was hoping I would miss the TOT, however, I heard it thundering down the track, then it hit the tower, and as worried as I was, I knew I was in safe hands, but yeah, I got used to it.

Feeling the TOT going up the side while on the Drop is the best part!
I was sacred ****eless when that happened. I knew it was coming, I just didn't expect the harshness of the shaking. Now that I've ridden the immense ride, I'd do it again for sure. I never looked in the distance though, I was looking at our Punch Buddy the whole way up.

I got lightheaded the first time on the drop which was the east side but I think that was just the thrill of being so high, the thrill of not knowing when you are going to drop and the thrill of not knowing if you are indeed going to make it out alive [since it doesnt look safe on first inspection]. Last time I was at Dreamworld [which was may this year] the east side was working but when it came to our turn my brother said we wanted to go on the west side and the ride op said that the east side "just" broke down..seems to break down more often than the west.