Digging!!! Now everyone get excited!

Jaggie

Hey guys went to the park today (my usual weekly visit) and there were many things that had changed from the previous week. - Next to the beach area which i will outline on a map, everything has been cleared and it is a fairly big space--- here is map the blue it what has been cleared below is the map - little monsters flying school is just closed for refurbishment - there is also alot of other land clearing going on and i was informed by a staff member that it wasnt for the business park it was for the theme park! - Billy was there again- funny guy and he was happy and showed me the letter u sent flea and i said expect mine tomorrow he was so happy! - went on the space probe today many times and the tower was swaying up the top! freaky feeling Ride count from 11-3:30 Demon- 15 Space Probe- 18 Bush Beast- 3 Bounty- 1 (couldnt stand anymore of it) i am happy to answer any other questions about the park and can take photos on request

Guest boycotta

if you didnt read my post ages ago you would of noticed that i said the land right near the water slides will be cleared for the new park entrance because they sold the old drive way which would be an entrance to the wonderland buisness park! other than that i know that there has been clearing near the river rampage. so lets see!

ok i think certain people on this forum have a major crush on a ride attendant called billy. maybe richard can create a special private forum for you guys to discuss your obsession with the park and its male operators so the rest of us don't have to read all about it every day. pls keep posting info regarding any new attraction-related developments at the park but is the rest really relevant?

ok i think certain people on this forum have a major crush on a ride attendant called billy. maybe richard can create a special private forum for you guys to discuss your obsession with the park and its male operators so the rest of us don't have to read all about it every day. pls keep posting info regarding any new attraction-related developments at the park but is the rest really relevant?
You'll regret saying that. And that's all I'm saying.. ~Flea

Can anyone guess the info that I have been sitting on yet?  I think that the map gives it away don't you?
Has been quite some time since I visited the park...and not in much of a hurry to change that at the moment. However I will be driving past in a few weeks on my way to Jenolan Caves so I'll be sure to take a look. From your bit of information along with (yes its the beach's big aniversary this year!) the map my prediction without saying anything is possibly we could be expecting a wave pool to be built????

it would be great if wonderland was finally building the wave pool that they promised years ago. although, knowing wonderland, it is far more likely to turn out to be a new entrance to the park (oh my gosh, excitement plus) :( wonderlands water park area has so much potential to do really well but they would need to add a number of new slides and water rides. it is a very sad excuse for a water park in its current state!

I think it would be pretty cool if Wonderland built a water coaster type thing like the Flying Super Saturator at Paramounts Carowinds. It could start where the constuction is and go over the pool. Sounds fun but i doubt that higly. But the idea of a wave pool sounds pretty exciting. IMO the idea the entrance at the water area of the park sounds pretty strange to me concidering that the water park is closed during the winter season. Just would be akward thats all. Visiting the park during the winter season and having firstly walk through a closed area of the park. Any comments on that?

IMO the idea the entrance at the water area of the park sounds pretty strange to me concidering that the water park is closed during the winter season. Just would be akward thats all. Visiting the park during the winter season and having firstly walk through a closed area of the park. Any comments on that?
It would make sense, since it seems that the beach is getting a major upgrade, something similar to what all the other major theme parks in america have now. Maybe if Wonderland got this, the pools and slides would be heated for a year round operation.. so I guess that getting the additional entrance to the beach would be a reasonable guess. ~Flea

Would Wonderland go as far as to offer stand-alone admission in light of an expansion?....In the same way as you can get admission just to the Wildlife Park? Just thinking, it's possible, seeing as it could potentially increase overall attendance...And seeing as Sydney doesn't have a major water park

yes psycho, it is highly possible that if wonderland does upgrade and increase the size of the water park it could become a stand-alone attraction. when sungei way (sunway) first bought wonderland there were plans to build a wave pool and create a separate entrance to the water park with its own admissions area... however this idea was stalled. perhaps the plans are finally underway...

I think that it would make sence for a entrance at the Waterpark if Wonderland was to increase the waterpark to a fairly bigger size. With an entrance at the Waterpark they could charge an additional fee to enter, or even just for geusts who want to visit the park on a hot summers day and not the themepark. But i would think it only worth it if they increase the water park and put in more water rides or a wavepool.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently saw the 'digging' that everyone has been getting so excited about. To me it looked more like they were just levelling out the area. It doesn't look very promising at all and I feel it may have something to do with the business park. Also, the area IS sort of near The Beach but I don't think it is near enough to actually have anything to do with The Beach. From what I could see, nothing was happening in the actual Beach area. No surprises here... unfortunately.

well explain why the would want to level out the land? There is more digging inside the parks boundries near the beach not to do with the business park. Why would they waste their money leveling out the land for nothing? The grass would be killed and plants etc... it's just pointless There is defiantely no reason why it is not close enuff to the beach it is right up to the beaches boundary fence. Something will happen i can sense it

Guest boycotta

people listen one last time. the digging near the beach is for the new park entrance as the old park entrance is for the buisness park mind you the buisness park has nothing to do with wonderland sydney. they sold the back carparks where they are building, but the fact that it says "wonderland buisness park" doesn't necessarily have to do with wonderland just because there name is in it. i know for a fact that yes the digging is for the new park entrance and yes the carparks are sold and yes the buisness park is NOT owned by wonderland. There is a park plan for the future, but like many emails got back from wonderland the same response is that the park will not start any major redevelopments until the distant future.

Hmm interesting... I didn't realise there was digging going on actually inside the park itself, I thought it was just on the outside in the car park areas and adjacent to The Beach. Boycotta - your facts are wrong once again. Wonderland DOES own the Wonderland Business Park. To be more accurate, it is a joint venture between Sunway (owners of Wonderland) and Australand. The connection between the theme park and the business park becomes even more obvious when you walk into the theme parks administration office reception area. There is a room next to the reception desk with glass walls and a big 'Wonderland Business Park' logo painted on the glass. Inside is a 3D model of the proposal and various plans.