Big Dipper Car, Markings, and Lots of Fun!

T-bone

Paul, What brand of Coles Myer do you work in?? In what capacity?? I had tickets to go to the Funday but I was unable to attend so I gave them away. Good to see that the rain didnt dampen the spirits of the people who turned up from having a good time!! Zamperla you are indeed correct. There was a ceremony for the unveiling of the Ghost Train commenrative plaque that was attended by relatives of the victims and certain memebers of the Friends Of Luna Park last year. It replaced a similar plaque which was located just under the old Big Dipper mountain near the Octopus ride in the '95 incarnation. Will try and post that photo of the Wildcat if anybody is interested?? Cheers Jobe

Myer Department Store, not going to say where though, security risk. Alot of people want to seriously cause some conflict with me. How do I know? Well it's not everyday you get a threat about someone doing something to your car, then you find your windscreen smashed, your site gets to the point where you close it down, because it was hacked beyond repair.

Edited by Paul_Hollibone

Thats fine. I work for Coles Myer as well but in a managment capacity. What have you done to piss people off,if anything??? Mayhap it is time to speculate if the park will add new attractions now that the NSW govt has enacted the bill protecting the park from civil lawsuits. It certainly needs at least 2 major new rides. Another small coaster would be ideal as I have stated before. Preferably a Maurer Sohne custom Spinning Coaster but I would be excited with a Reverchon model as well. Also we may now see some serious travelling units brought into the park for seasonal events. Last Xmas hols the Hard Rock was there and it was a fantastic addition to the ride line up. What else would people like to see?? Cheers Jobe

I hope (and am sure) those two unfortunate incidences were completely unrelated. Could've been a random bunch of bored teens with nothing better to do than smash up a windscreen or two. (perhaps be glad you weren't doing 100km+ under a freeway overpass when it was hit!) It really is bad what happened to your site and all the work you had put in. In the long-term, with persaverence you'll have it back better than ever.

• 10 months later...
Hey Everyone. I'll make this one short. On Sunday, 30th of November, I took a trip down to Luna Park Sydney. And what a shocking day weather wise, but hey, you can live with it. This was the first time I have been to Luna in about over a year. And indeed I did notice a few things. I did find some markings near the ranger, which I will post a picture of it. Is anyone able to translate them? There is a sign on the Big Dipper Building, which i'll let you take a look at for yourself. I hope it means something. I was also able to actually take a decent look around a restored carriage for the Big Dipper, which was intresting aswell, but was the ride officially a Fluro Yellow? Thats all I can think of now, so i'll leave you with the pictures to take a look at. Overall, I had a real good day, for free also (Goto Love Coles Myer) despite the rain, the staff & managment of the park estimated that around 6000 Coles Myer employee's and their families would turn up, and 2000 general public patrons. I'll let you do the maths. (Note, pictures soon, error with the boards: The requested file upload failed because suitable permissions have not been enabled on the 'uploads' directory. Please contact the board administrator and inform them of this error. Richo, can you be of assistance please.)
hi can u please give me the pics of luna park sydney which on big dipper marking on the ground and the carrige too thanks DREW