Wonderland Pictures and Info

Guest wonderland_sydney

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is it possible it is now at Melebourne's Luna park - they have a very similar ride that was installed in the 80's?
No, the Spider at Melb Luna Park was installed after the demolition of the Rotor, in the 1970's. I never knew about LPM Spider being ex-Witts, but this doesn't surprise me. Yes during the 1980's, Wittingslow had a 49% stake in Luna Park Melbourne, but sold out by about 1993. For many years they regularly alternated their travelling rides, providing regular variety. The current Galaxy Coaster and Enterprise were once owned by Wittingslow, and sold onto the park. Likewise, with the 1995 refurbishment of LPS, Wittingslow owned a stake in it, in fact, Ranger, UFO, Breakdance and a number of kiddy rides that are there today, were ex-Wittingslow. I have a feeling the Wonderland Funnel Web become a travelling unit. I remember one that was at the Melbourne Zoo in the early 1990's that could well have been it.

Guest wonderland_sydney

www . ----URL removed for non-compliance with Community Guidelines---- . net - Does anyone have the orignal park music from the 80's? or any pictures? regards

Edited by wonderland_sydney

I may be wrong, but I think Witensglow managed LPS sometime ago, after the Big Dipper closed, and bulldozed, and they pretty much tore down LPS, and it's heritage, and re-built it, with just concrete, and traveling rides for 2 Million!
No, Wittingslow was involved with LPS in 1995. You are getting confused with the consortium which took over the park in the early 80's. The consortium consisted of Harry and Col Goldstein and initally Michael Edgley, who resigned after a year (interesting that Michael Edgley was also 'involved' in the latest version of Luna Park, and once again seems to have left the project). The company only really seemed interested in developing the park into offices, units and restaurants. It was at this time in the 80's that they demolished most of Luna Park's history including the Big Dipper and River Caves. When Wittingslow took over in 1995 there was very little left of the park anyway and so they essentially had to rebuild it from scratch

Guest wonderland_sydney

www . ----URL removed for non-compliance with Community Guidelines---- . net more updates, more too come in about 20 minutes i will be adding high resolution pictures of zodaic too blah

Guest wonderland_sydney

www . ----URL removed for non-compliance with Community Guidelines---- . net More updates, now including some ride removal pictures! More to come, huge site update later tonight. Thankyou to everyone uploading pictures and info... Special thanks to WonderBuzz, awsome work mate, awwsome!

Guest wonderland_sydney

more updates, including ride deconstruction, and for demon pics of it being rebuilt at visionland enjoy... more pics needed, upload upload www . ----URL removed for non-compliance with Community Guidelines---- . net

Bull****. At least there was when Noah was a boy.
well when i was working there they didnt have any balls but they changed it so many times.we even had to walk the kids up the net ropes....! and they didnt open the top section unless its was a once in a year event like new years etc
http://wonderland.octiva.net/ More updates, including a nice b4 and after anamation, http://wonderland.octiva.net/gold_rush/demo.html give it time to load and then watch it fade from goldrush to demolished goldrush. more to come..... regarding the people that have uploaded info, pictures, and music, a BIG Thankyou, your stuff well be on the site soon. - Does anyone have the orignal park music from the 80's? or any pictures? regards
i wish.would anyone perhaps have any of those mushroom shaped speakers that were round wonderland that played the old style music from the 80s /early 90s

there were NEVER NEVER NEVER balls in Scooby's Silly Stix. The only balls were in Bam Bam's Ball Bounce, located not far from silly stix in a part of the park that was closed off, and the building was refurbished into a Quarantine area for the Wildlife park. The balls used in this attraction were later used for all sorts of things, from facade decoration, to balls used for skill games (can crash in Botany Bay, Muffin Madness outside HB Skyrider, etc)

there were NEVER NEVER NEVER balls in Scooby's Silly Stix. The only balls were in Bam Bam's Ball Bounce, located not far from silly stix in a part of the park that was closed off, and the building was refurbished into a Quarantine area for the Wildlife park. The balls used in this attraction were later used for all sorts of things, from facade decoration, to balls used for skill games (can crash in Botany Bay, Muffin Madness outside HB Skyrider, etc)
thank you AlexB for clearing that up man

Guest wonderland_sydney

Scooby's Silly Stix had TWO small ball areas when the park first opened, i think they where removed around 87 just before the nets got replaced with the smaller holed netting, i have pictures somewhere i will be scanning all the pictures i have from opening day soon and ofc putting them on the site. - Regarding the green mushroom shaped speakers, i dont think any would be left intact, last time i was on site they where but its been months now, If you call the site someone may be able to sell you one or two maby... the site mobile is 0421715273.. the actual dude in charge of the demolition may help you too, His name is harry and his mobile is 0412414684.. blah, more updates to our site, www . ----URL removed for non-compliance with Community Guidelines---- . net and more on the way, thankyou to everyone uploading pics, keep it up.

Guest wonderland_sydney

Like all things microsoft, MSN is not secure, infact, its soooo unsecure, any script kiddie and intercept a msn conversation.

Scooby's Silly Stix had TWO small ball areas when the park first opened, i think they where removed around 87 just before the nets got replaced with the smaller holed netting
I knew there were at some stage... Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!! :P Just kidding, but you'll learn to listen to me more often now won't you???... :lol:

Guest wonderland_sydney

Daniel, there is no need for this type of sarcasim. we were all right in the end. Not only you mate. No-one has a monopoloy on information. Seriously chill out, be nice and contribute your valuable information to the benefit of all without the sarcasim.