Wonderland Pictures and Info

Guest wonderland_sydney

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I knew there were at some stage... Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!! :P Just kidding, but you'll learn to listen to me more often now won't you???... :lol:
sorry if i ruffled feathers.thanks for the info on the speakers. hope someone has the music they played there aswell. whoever made those videos of the wonderland coaster montages was cool. they are great... and i would need to look at the control panel to see what buttons are what....its been a couple of years

Blow it out your arse Wally World. I thought the smilies and the just kidding made it obvious I was just mucking around. You've been here 5 secs... Don't tell me to chill out. I've got a lot of time for you and what you're doing with your site and the amount of work you're putting in but I could turn off you very quickly brother. You've got the wrong idea, try again. P.S. Joz is correct.

I thought i'd let everyone know that Google Earth, now has coverage of western Sydney, including the wonderland site. Looks like the update is from when the park was still open.
With key milestones such as Skyhawk no longer there, the ship in the lake gone and Captain Cavemans Clippers freshly relocated into Wizards Fury's old site - (see lack of landscaping around area), Planes removed but yet to be relocated at Transylvania fountain, early - mid 2002 is when this photo was snapped

Hello to all, and yes I've just discovered this forum... good to see there are others with 'Wallyworld' still in their hearts. :D My history with AWL began from the beginning of the second season ( I think about Aug/Sept ). In those days we had an 8 week 'maintenance' break during winter to run around and spruce up the place. I was in the Audio Dept... up until early 2000 ( the Olympics seemed a much better idea to work for than sunway .. PUHtoooieee!!! ) Unfortunately I left in fairly... no VERY... angry circumstances due the treatment of the staff at the time. The rapid exit from my office means I really only have a pile of pleasant memories to rely on. Altho.. one thing I do have is the original master tape of the 'theme' music for Transylvania.... unfortunately its on cassette!!.. It's a hoot to listen to, must get around to digitizing it. One day.... btw .. Love the memorial site too.. I have a head full of anecdotal stuff about the insides of the Park.. the rides and shows and audio equipment. I would love to contribute... or tell stories.. yarn, rant, banter and maybe one day... when drunk and depressed, I'll make up a whole tirade of expletives about the sunway years.... Cheers RN

That would have been Kevin. He visited every day minus a few since it opened. He had his own records for the rides aswell. He now goes to Luna Park 3 times a week.
ahh kevin.thats right.thanks for that.it was unusual to see him there a lot.but he had dedication.must have had the record for the person who went on the rides the most

if i remember correctly, around the time the park finally closed, either clint or liam posted a photo of kevin standing outside the memories photo lab (or was it demon shop) with a handwritten sign listing the number of times he had been on the "BIG 3", and how many days he had been to the park or something. Kevin was a very special person, and a lot of cast didn't particularly like him, but there were a couple who really understood, and got along with him. he had his favourites among the cast - all female, all under 30, and he remembered every single name - and even some of the guys as well... Kevin used to meet up with Geoff from guest relations at Rooty Hill, and together they both would walk from Rooty Hill station all the way into the park.

Hello to all, and yes I've just discovered this forum... good to see there are others with 'Wallyworld' still in their hearts. :D
Hey mnemo, I too have fond memories of working at Wallyworld. I started about half way through the first session in food services in HB. As soon I turned 18 I moved over to rides in Medieval Fair working Bounty's, Dodgems and Sea Deamon. Back then it was seasonal so when I finished school and found a full time job they wouldn't let me stay because I wasn't available to work during the school holiday. It was with great reluctance that I left at the next school holidays back in (now this is going to age me) 1989 :(
btw .. Love the memorial site too.. I have a head full of anecdotal stuff about the insides of the Park.. the rides and shows and audio equipment. I would love to contribute... or tell stories.. yarn, rant, banter and maybe one day... when drunk and depressed, I'll make up a whole tirade of expletives about the sunway years....
I still have a very good friend that I met in my first session. We still to this day speak about our days at Wonderland. I check the memorial site regularly .... it brings back such great memories.

Guest wonderland_sydney

Wonderland Rememberence Web Site - http://wonderland.octiva.net/ NEW live web chat room. Space Probe Section Activated. Bush Beast Section Activated. Music Section Updated. and much much much more to come, Thankyou everyone for your help so far, You are all helping build a great site, keep up the fantactic work, and keep the uploads comming, i am sure there is more pictures of after closure we can add to the site, somone else must have taken some yea? We also need pictures from the opening day, and the 80's operation. And just about anything else you can think of including all the infomation you have. Enjoy

Guest wonderland_sydney
http://wonderland.octiva.net/ more sitewide updates... more to come, We need more pics from the 80's and 90's. We need more rare documents and collectables. and we need more after closure pictures b4 and after demolition. Thankyou Enjoy http://wonderland.octiva.net/ Edited by wonderland_sydney

• 3 weeks later...