SupermanEscape.com.au

Adam

01002 might have been a good teaser had more then 3 people seen it. I actually have only yesterday seen any evidence of Superman's impending arrival at Movieworld, and that was a poster at the cinema. Had I not known about the ride previously, I would've had no idea it was coming till yesterday. Still, I'm not a 12-17 year old, so that might have something to do with it. To be fair though, marketing is a pretty easy thing to be critical of, and Movieworld still seems to be trying to find its identity. It has a new slogan every 2nd year ("I've been to Movieworld", "Hooray for Hollywood", "Where Movies come alive", "where Movie Magic happens everyday", and the current "where everyone's a star"). Movieworld used to be a behind the scenes look at the movies, but in more recent years, its shifted towards more of a “riding the movies” sort of thing (which isn't a gripe, I MUCH prefer to "ride a movie" then find out how they made it). The park has had something of an identity crisis in the past, and as such, it is going be a bit tricky to pick a marketing angle. I think WVTPs has a pretty decent marketing department. The website that seems to be the victim of so much mocking (and quite rightly so may I say) is there to cater for the teen market, and judging by this quote from the site...

aye yo supp peepz man i gotta go on dat ryde! it looks fun n scary tooh! probably wen i get on dat ride! definetly i'll start crying all the way wanting to get off lol nwaiiz yeah i hope one day in ma lyf i'll go on dat madd as ryde!!
... it appears the teen market has responded. Another thing to remember is that they are trying to market 3 competing parks at the same time, so it’s got to be a constant balancing act. DW on the other hand can focus all their energy into one park, one product. WVTPs have 3. No wonder you see so much more DW marketing out there, they can dedicate all their effort into DW. Imagine having to advertise BOTH Coca-Cola and Pepsi at the same time, to the same people and you'll get some sort of an idea of what I’m getting at here. Edited by joz

Well, going by the website, vistors seem to be pretty positive in their comments about the ride on the message board, so it must be pleasing some people. All the website needs is some more pics and stats, one idea could be a table comparing the rides rate of acceleration to other things (Eg V8, Skydiver, TOT, Space Shuttle etc. But I think they have done a good job on the TV ads, and thats what matters since TV gets out to more people here.

Errr.... what kind of 'teen' speaks like that? I was a teenager only a few years ago and I never, never spoke or wrote like that. None of my friends did either. It's ridiculous. Who are these kids?
:blink: errr, today's 13yo grommets failing our crappy education system? ;)
...Another thing to remember is that they are trying to market 3 competing parks at the same time, so it’s got to be a constant balancing act. DW on the other hand can focus all their energy into one park, one product. WVTPs have 3.
:D not for much longer, by around this time next year, DW will have their new $50 million water park open, a seperate admission to our current Dreamworld park, that'll make things interesting

I was on the bus on Friday night and saw a ad for Superman..it wasnt that 01002 type either [although I did see that the day before], it said "Superman Escape flying into Warner Bros. Movie World December 26 2005" andhad a picture of a few people on a rollercoaster with otsr..was quite impressive compared to those 01002 ads.

Scooby Coaster gets a bit boring after a while, yet my kids (girls, 8 & 10) attention span is much longer than mine. They do seem to have a problem with the laser light show quite frequently though, often either there's lasers not working, or the servos driving the mirrors aren't functioning - kind of takes some of the zing out of the whole thing. Like Saturday last week, the laser at the Scooby escape (final part of the ride, "we'll escape here" the scooby says), laser not working, just the smoke machine. Kind of a bummer if you're some jap tourist only here for the day...

Thanks for the pic - I think the logo looks perfect there. For some reason I assumed that they weren't going to do anything with that blank wall. Anyway, in regards to the supermanescape.com.au website - I noticed a very slight change in the ridecam section - two new pics that are probably Ozcoaster pics that we've all seen before but I thought I'd just mention it. EDIT: It is also now possible to dowload the skysurfer and snowskier commercials from the 'tv commercials' portion of the Movie World website. On a similar note, I also saw the end the otherday of a new commercial for the three park superpass outlining the new attractions at each of the WVTP parks - I heard the part talking about Superman but couldn't see it in time so I'm not sure if they showed any 'actual' footage of the ride or was just bits from the other ads.

Edited by matty_o_911

It'll be good for the park's overall look, feel and image as it's the main attraction once you enter... I wish they didn't make the rides so SHORT, Lethal Weapon from Drop to Stop is less than a minute, and one of last Saturday's test runs from launch to stop seemed about that, although there's a little bit more inside before you get launched off into the top hat :P