What are you more excited about?

Adam

28 members have voted

1. 1. What are you more excited about?

• Superman Escape at Movie World
    • Dreamworld Water Park at Coomera

Hahaha! I wish! I've always wanted to know what it would be like to be in a washing machiene though... :lol: I hope they have one of those... whats it called... a water coaster?? But anyway that isnt the point of this thread! SUPERMAN SUPERMAN SUPERMAN... oi oi oi... :lol::D

Well, it depends on how good the waterpark is, if its really good and has things like master blasters, toilet bowl slides and those artifical surf things i might just be looking foward to the waterpark more. But its hard to compare yet. And BTW adam, "exitation" isnt a word, but "excitement" is.

Edited by Gazza

Well, it depends on how good the waterpark is, if its really good and has things like master blasters, toilet bowl slides and those artifical surf things i might just be looking foward to the waterpark more. But its hard to compare yet.
Those master blasters,Are they tube waterslides that rocket you up the hills?

I know "exitation" isn't a word, but I didn't use that word, I used "excitation". In case you weren't aware, 'excitation' can be defined as:-

1. The act or process of exciting or an instance of it. 2. The state or condition of being excited. 3. Physiology. The activity produced in an organ, tissue, or part, such as a nerve cell, as a result of stimulation.

Try typing 'exitation' into Google and see if it offers you an alternate (i.e. correct) spelling. :) And BTW gazza, "exitement" isn't a word, but "excitement" is.

Well, it depends on how good the waterpark is, if its really good and has things like master blasters, toilet bowl slides and those artifical surf things i might just be looking foward to the waterpark more. But its hard to compare yet. And BTW adam, "exitation" isnt a word, but "excitement" is.
Toilet bowl slide? A wave pool sounds like the go, especially if it can produce consistent 6ft right hander barrels and I can slap me and my 9' performance longboard on them :)

• 1 month later...

To bring up something that came up in conversation the other night. I do wonder just how much impact the water park will have. I do worry for Dreamworld that the public may still see it as the 'waterslide bit' at Dreamworld as opossed to the 5th Major Gate on the Gold Coast. I am excited to see what this new attraction brings to the table but I fear for it that WnW will emerge the true number one player from the battle.

For Dreamworld to succeed with this attraction they will need to be able to market it successfully. To let people know it's not just Dreamworld, that it's a separate new park on the level of the existing parks on the Gold Coast. I personally wouldn't be so convinced Wet'n'Wild will win in the long run. It seems to me like WVTP always plays defensive. Their attractions almost always come after Dreamworld's (Giant Drop to Wild West Falls; Cyclone to Scooby-Doo; The Claw to Superman) - John Menzies was even quoted saying that Polar Bear Shores was added solely to give them the edge on Tiger Island. Even with Wet'n'Wild, we wouldn't be seeing a $20 million investment right now if Dreamworld's water park wasn't in the pipeline. I have no doubts that the first few years will be tough, but Dreamworld would know this and have it accounted for.

Edited by Richard

I agree too, dreamworld need to remove "dreamworld" from the water park name. By the way, is dreamworld waterpark the official name they are calling it or is that the name it has at present. A cpl mths back i did the search for www.dreamworldwaterpark.com.au and sure enough the name has been taken, when itdirects you to trademark the site name:) I was thinking of paying the $50 or whatever it is to register the name, if DW already hadnt, lol. Anyhow, a name like, Cylone bay, typhoon lagoon (hello disney law suit:p) soak city(i know knotts has it:P) hurrican harbour(sixflags,lol) but names like these r awsome, and would suit the goldcoast summer atmosphere.

^^Drenched city would be terrible, Boomerang Bay would be spot on I think. Seeing as Dreamworld already has a relationship with Paramount (Nick Central, Tomb Raider) there would probably be no problems with the name. And the whole Australia theme would fit, seeing as it would be IN Australia, and I'm sure foreigners would love it. On the whole I'm definitely more excited about the water park, I mean how often do you get to see an entire park being built, and It will be interesting to see what sort of ideas Dreamworld can come up with.