What attractions would you like to see?

Richard

What rides do you most want to see in this new water park? I'd recommend taking a look at ProSlide's incredibly range of water slide offerings if your inspiration is running dry. I for one would like to see a racing slide along the lines of Super 8 Aqua Racer, though obviously one of the newer concepts. I believe that the level of interactivity that rides like this bring make them some of the most enjoyable attractions out, and are one of the few that a family of any size can ride simultaneously. It's also time Australia got some new proper thrill slides. Something tall, fast, steep and downright scary. The distinction between a family slide and a thrill slide at our water parks is pretty much negligible these days, and I think it's unfortunate because the technology has changed significantly in recent years, making these styles of slides a fraction of the fuss they once were in terms of rider safety and comfort. I think a Lazy River is also crucial, especially implemented in such a way that it is a transport system within the park. Disney have proven that this concept works wonders and becomes a very good way to handle large crowds. With the amount of barefoot walking one does in a water park, it's also good to relax for a change.

Well firstly, I would like around 3 regular flume slides since they are fun even if they are simple. Then I would have a large tower with several thrill slides coming off it, such as a speed side, freefall slide, bowl slide, steep downhill one with turns etc. http://www.proslide.com/products/bodysliding.htm In the middle of the park would be a wave pool, but a large one with waves that can be ridden , not just small ones that bob you up and down. I would also put in a race slide, but it would be the kind where there is an enclosed section with turns before the open speed slide part, this sort of layout is good because it would differenciate it from super 8, it would have variety and gives riders a suprise since for part of the race they dont know how they are going against the others. http://www.pki.com/attractions/attractions...cfm?ride_id=121 Around the park would be a lazy river, with many branches that split off and rejoin, on these branches would be enterances to master blasters which would sort of go parallel to the lazy river acting as a thrilling form of transport, these master blasters would be designed so they interact with other rides too and parts of them would be somehow obsucred from view to make predicting the layout and keeping bearings difficult for riders but with many deviations and crosses over the river and all around, there would also be a couple of long "cross park blasters" that people could use to rapidly get from one side of the park to the other in one go by riding a master blaster, the system would be similar to the one used at wild wadi in Dubai.Visitors would have a choice, they could ride the lazy river the entire way, ride master blasters the whole way with short sections of riding the main lazy river in between, or a combonation of both, so there would be a lot of freedom. An important feature of the park is a large water playground with tipping buckets, with several sub sections for toddlers, younger kids and older kids. One of the master blasters would run right through the heart of the structure, right in the firing line of water cannons and the tipping bucket. Another tower could include a collection of 5 raft attractions, similar to mamoth falls. These could include an enclosed slide with turns, an open slide with turns, an open freefall slide, a Proslide bemoth bowl, and a proslide Tornado. These 5 would serve as a high capacity major attraction. http://www.proslide.com/products/rafting.htm http://www.proslide.com/whatsnew/whatsnew.htm There would also be a section of the park aimed at adults, with a swim up bar, spas and a sauna. On the whole rides would be packed in tightly, to save space and to create a stunning visual effect of having the rides weaving and ducking over and under each other. If possible some of the slides could even interact with Cyclone, eg a slide could pass through the vertical loop or travel in the space enclosed my the helix, naturally the slides would be enclosed, or would have a saftey net over them. Tropical plants would fill in any gaps, so in around 7 - 10 years time the whole place would look wonderful. I am not sure of the theme, prehaps some sort of balinese resort paradise, but as long as the gardens were lush anything would suit. Further on down the track after the park has opened it would be nice to see a coaster like roller soaker at Hersheypark. The attached images shows most of my ideas (some I thought of while typing this post)

post-88-1133581110_thumb.jpg

post-88-1133689553_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gazza

The most fantastic ride I found when in Orlando last month was the new slide at WnW called "Disco H2O." Go and check it out but it was too fantastic for words. No matter what you've seen or read you are just not prepared for what you find in the main 'room' of the slide. It's pretty amusing that all that is going on in there.

• 2 weeks later...

An idea i just had was the possiblity of putting in a setpoint swing thing (in rct3 its known as a roller soaker and it is a roller coaster where you can dump water like a fire fighting helicopter) The entrance would be in ocean parade with a dual loading station, one station would be accessible from dw, while the other is accessible from dwwp. This could offset the costs since it would be useable by both parks. It would be placed on the border between the two parks, and if the station was elevated it could also serve as the access between both parks on the lower level) Pics: http://www.rcdb.com/m/ig598.htm http://www.rcdb.com/ig1497.htm

Having two stations is a good idea, except for the fact that the DWWP will have a seperate entry system to DW, meaning people could easily jump the fare to get in. Never the less the roller-soakers are definitely a good idea to have around a beach area, unless it's like Carowinds where they have it running over bland pathways and whatnot, basically ruining the fun of the ride.

The station would be split down the middle by a chain link fence (with a locked gate only openable by the ride ops) People would be restricted to their side and the PLC would be progammed to only send cars back to their originating station. These rides normally have 8 or 9 cars, this version would have 10 (with 5 devoted to each side)

post-88-1135586957_thumb.jpg

hell yes i would agree to that one! Dreamworld... paying attention? Well most of my ideas for the park have been said. Lazy River concept is a good one, however logistics of having a "split river" where it goes many different ways, makes it difficult when dealing with pumps and water currents and the like, and i dont think theres going to be that much room to go crazy with them. All of our wishlists need to take into account the space DW will have to accomplish this. I also think that going with anything like mammoth will appear to be copycatting WnW and now SW, so i think a different direction or product offering a similar thrill would be better. My Wishlist for DWWP The good old Speed Slide and Freefall. God they're a must! The wavepool has been announced, and thats a given. I think it would be good if the wavepool, instead of ending in a beachline like WnW, instead narrowed up at the mouth, went under a bridge, and fed into the lazy river system, or the "Tropical Bayou" - a tidal controlled lake fed from the wavepool of varying depth with a sandy bottom. It would be a party atmosphere, with poolside bar for the adults, where you can laze about in inflatables, sipping a drink, with beachside shores all around where families can picnic, observing the little ones or taking a dip themselves. For those familiar with Riverside in Brisbane (the old expo park) there is a similar concept to this with a series of tidal pools, all sandy bottom and of varying depths. the only difference here is that the entire lake would be a little bigger, covered in rainforest style trees so that the sun dapples through the leaves - a great place to relax when its hot, and you can swim without worrying too much about sunburn. This would be another opportunity for dreamworld to hire out as a function area, with decking and a bar overlooking the lake, and party lights and whatnot strung between the trees. A nice soundsystem, working with, but separated from the rest of the DWWP sound system would mean that the area could be isolated for private functions, with their own music\microphone etc. Now i tried to google a pic of what im talking about but i can't find a single one. On the private party angle, or just plain public usage - i would LOVE to see DWWP put in a Waltzing Waters attraction. This is purely eye-candy, and has nothing to do with actually riding it... I stumbled onto their site recently, and have since downloaded their samples and requested a DVD from them - and i can tell you their product is STUNNING. If Dreamworld wanna talk world class - these guys are the bomb... Disney, Universal, Paramount and Six Flags have all used these guys. If Dreamworld intends on doing anything at night to combat WnW, then I have to say that Waltzing Waters would be a must. Doing dive in movies has been done, so thats just a come on, but what about Dive-In dance party? if they dont do the waltzing waters in the Bayou - what about it being mounted at the front of the wave pool - be an awesome addition to the dance party.... as far as other attractions, i'm not fussed, so long as we have some HIGH CAPACITY slides - like the 4 slides WnW have, but faster, higher capacity, and a little better themed

On the vekoma website, there is info on their newest coaster called the splash party, its fairly similar to the swing thing, but it has been developed in conjunction with White Water West. http://www.vekoma.com/ (Under Family Coasters) This could be a possiblity. Another idea i thought of was a walk through type attraction (like tomb raider) But with water slides. Guests would walk through themed coridoors, with a few waterslides they go down on the way (with special effects) There could be multiple routes people could take and random water effects would spice up the ride.

since dreamworld has announced the park will have attractions never before seen in Aus I think two waterslides it should have are: The waterslide bowl - I dont know if this is the right name but it looks like a skatebaord half pipe but its a waterslide The Funnel - Again I dont know if this is the right terminology but its the funnel type one where you spin around and around and drop through a hole in the middle I think these two waterslides look pretty cool and definitely not in Aus yet. Also I was reading a post about if amazons was better than WnW and they were saying generally not but I wouldnt know I never got the chance to to Amazons but one i thing I remember is that amazons had a waterslide that when you got to the end there was a huge drop from the end of the slide into the water that looked kind of fun but to this day havent seen one around can anyone comment if this was a good feature of the slide to have the dropoff and maybe something like this should go into dreamworld?? since dreamworld has announced the park will have attractions never before seen in Aus I think two waterslides it should have are: The waterslide bowl - I dont know if this is the right name but it looks like a skatebaord half pipe but its a waterslide The Funnel - Again I dont know if this is the right terminology but its the funnel type one where you spin around and around and drop through a hole in the middle I think these two waterslides look pretty cool and definitely not in Aus yet. Also I was reading a post about if amazons was better than WnW and they were saying generally not but I wouldnt know I never got the chance to to Amazons but one i thing I remember is that amazons had a waterslide that when you got to the end there was a huge drop from the end of the slide into the water that looked kind of fun but to this day havent seen one around can anyone comment if this was a good feature of the slide to have the dropoff and maybe something like this should go into dreamworld??

You've got the terminology mixed up but yeah i know what you are taking about, the proslide tornado is the one that looks like a giant cone on its side and you go up and down the walls like a halfpipe, except it is enclosed, this paticular slide is going into WnW in september this year. http://www.proslide.com/whatsnew/whatsnew.htm (fourth one down) other slide type is called a Pro bowl, it is the one that looks like a giant toilet bowl, where you slide in and spiral around, dropping out a hole in the middle. http://www.proslide.com/products/bodysliding.htm (scroll down the page) If this ride was put in you would be killing two birds with one stone since you get the drop off when you fall out the hole in the middle into the pool below. (like the slide at amazons) I agree, these two rides would be great additions but im unsure as to wether a tornado would be put in if wnw will already have one.

Bear in mind that if you have read the Media Release, with the exception of the Wave pool, all the slides will be a new style never before seen in Australia, so if Wet 'n' Wild is getting a funnel waterslide, Dreamworld isn't.
Hi Slick, the funnel one I was thinking about is not the tornado it is the one mentioned above by gazza the onle like a giant toilet bowl where you spin around and around and drop through the middle. the funnel is not on its side like the tornado its upright. Gazza.. The half pipe slide I was referring to is the one that you have pictured against your profile.. it looks like a skateboard half pipe but its a waterslide i saw it on cable special once on top water parks in the US.. What is it called and what park is it at?? Thanks

Yes Gazza you are right the half pipe one is at water world denver - the zoomerang although the one in your picture is from wild rapids in alberta, canada. Click Click And the other toilet bowl once is called the pro bowl and they are at many parks in the US here is one Click also check out the red dragon at raging waters california

Edited by clone_tk422