Queues in the summer.

Gazza

I will be coming up to the GC in early-mid January and I was wondering what sort of queues the park has during this period. Also, because I am staying nearby i would be able to visit the park at night durind Dive in Movies, what are the queues for rides like at night and during the Dive in Movies? Thanks

What queues at night?? Its one of those things that not many people take advantage of, but during Dive-in-movies, queues range from being nearly non-existent to being non-existent. The only slides with a queue are the Terror Canyons. During the day in summer however, you may wanna stick to Super 8, Mammoth, Calypso Beach and the wave pool, as everything else gets really busy.

Edited by joz

What about the body slides (Twister, Flumes and Extreme H20 (But nobody really knows about the capacity of them))? Im not really a fan of wave pools or lazy rivers (I prefer a faster pace) so i might just brave the lines. But nightime sounds good, I love night swimming. Just another question, what are the slides like at night in terms of ride experience? are they well lit or do you get a cool ride in the dark? Also, if you are alone, what options do you have on the multi rider attractions (Mammoth, Speed coaster and Terror Canyon) Can you just line up and get paired with a stranger, or can you use a single person tube (like in the wave pool) or can you use a dual person tube with maybe a sandbag in the front?

Edited by Gazza

The body slides during the day, wouldn't know though I suspect a bit of a queue there, night is a walk-on. I think there is a difference at night, and I prefer night rides to days rides, and Terror Canyon 2 kicks pretty major butt when there's no outside light leaking in. Your options for as single rider are somewhat limited on Speed Coaster and Terror Canyon sadly, you've pretty much got to wait there till another single is found. On Mammoth however you just jump into a raft and its loaded as normal (max 6 min 3 or whatever). I'd love to take a punt at H20's queues, though I've got no idea. Good luck :D

Another good tip is to be slightly overweight. When you start, try jumping as the light turns green, and try and to keep the front of your mat up at the start, so as to go over the top of the false start sensor. Also try and get air as you go over the humps, as you go quicker through mid-air, and the final most important tip is to keep the front of your mat up as much as possible. Take this from someone who came second in the competition, and trained the winner :)