Sign in to follow this  
AlexB

Article in Today's MX

6 posts in this topic

Article in 'MX' - Monday 5th December 2005

Premier Morris Iemma today declared the old Wonderland precinct at the intersection of the M4 and the M7 at eastern creek as a state significant site. Iemma said the decision would "cut red tape and provide companies who want to invest here with planning certainty" Up to 36,000 jobs could be located in the precinct. "I want this to become a thriving industry hub, bustling with factories, warehouses and job-creating industries." Iemma said. The Westlink M7 will open on December 16
Just when you thought New South Wales had new entertainment hope with the exit of Bob Carr, along comes another premier, who might as well be Bob Carr's Parrot. Its a pity the premier of New South Wales didnt declare the Wonderland Precinct a state significant site BEFORE it was sold to ING Industrial.

And if he had done that it would have been another white elephant for the government. Personally I would much rather see 36,000 jobs in Sydney's west than a few hundred. "The Bus is now leaving for Jobelda Gnamma Hole, Western Australia"

l agree with bussy on this one, if wonderland was kept running it would have ended up closing down anyways, was just a matter of time, i loved wonderland and prefered to have kept it open, it wasnt viable. Dont worry thou because we will have another theme park in the near future.....