New Ride destined for Luna Park a first for Australia!

Jobe

Hi all!!! Was reading the local rag when I came upon this very interesting article. Luna Park will be getting a new ride for the Xmas hols.It is the 35 metre Extreme Speed Machine which pulls 3.8g's. It is claimed this is the first of this type of ride for Australia. Does anyone have any other info or pics on this ride?? Its good to see that Luna Park are introducing new rides and are not afraid of the wrath of the local residents.(As long as they comply with the new sound laws they shouldnt be liable to any court cases again!!) Hopefully this isnt the only new ride they will be installing in the park for the hols. Lets hope this leadsto something more permanent and spectacular!!! Here is the article.

This is the ride (below), yes first of its specific type, but more-or-less, a similar version of Surfer's Paradise's Vomatron. The attraction is now being tested here, having come fresh from the KMG factory and is a travelling version which, after the LP Summer stint, will be joining the travelling circuit, under its owners the Pavier family (also own travelling rides: Scorpion and Twist) I believe ride prices will be around $15 per person. Here is more information from the KMG website: http://www.kmg.nl/kmg/factory/speed_en.html

Anybody can get a portable ride and dump it on some asphalt and call it a 'new ride'. Luna Park is supposed to be a permanent park, so I am never impressed with their 'holiday offerings'. On top of this, the ride costs an additional $10 AFTER you have purcahsed a standard $39 rides pass
I agree entirely.....If they are going to install a new ride, it should be covered by the ride pass. Luna Park is now just a series of carnival type rides w/no character at all, such a shame when you can remember what it was once like :angry:

Completeley agree with comments by Goboi and Dianasaurus. The operators of LPS need to start putting back the profits made directly into the park. The residents noise issue seems to have been put to rest now with the new state Govt laws. If something permanent in the way of new ride additions or improvements doesnt happen soon then this single act alone could validate the article that you presented in an earlier post Goboi. On a similar vein, what is happening with the Brassierie building near the entrance?? Its been completed for ages and yet there is no activity on if it will be opening. Any one have any news?Interesting times we live in!! Also I think the Extreme Speed Machine WILL be an exciting ride addition for the Xmas hols but having to pay 10 BUCKS after an unlimited ride pass is purchased is downright highway robbery IMHO!!! Chris what is the Space Roller?? Cheers, Jobe

Hey does anyone know were the Extreme Speed Machine will be located? It doesn’t seem like it will fit out in Maloney’s corner with all the other rides they have planned for the holidays.
It's behind Coney Island ...saw it today...& I'm not overly impressed at all especially having to pay the extra #10 for a ride.

I was at Luna Park today and saw the Extreme Speed Machine in action. It was awesome. I thoroughly recommend everyone to go there and go on the ride. Luna Park is the best fun park in the world. I love it!!!
Are you kidding???!!!....You obviously haven't been to many or any theme parks overseas right?? This ride may be the first of it's kind in Australia but it's nothing special IMHO.

Luna Park is the best fun park in the world. I love it!!!
That is the funniest thing I have ever heard! Surely even people who haven't been overseas realise that Luna Park is a very average fun park. It's not even a full fun park anymore. I'm so sick of this attitude of "hey, it's the only thing we've got in Sydney so it's great!". It's not great at all. The operators don't even care about the fun park - they just run the place for corporate functions and for selling off pieces of land for commercial gain

even better than over-the-rooftop RTA mounted surveillance cameras - here is a link to a video of the complete ride (approx 13mb) I took this last night with a casio compact z-750 digital camera. shortly thereafter i rode it myself and it is one awesome little travelling ride. im not a big fan of travellers or flats, preferring park mounts myself, but this one is definately on my list.... Alex. http://rapidshare.de/files/9386752/extreme...achine.wmv.html Please respect everyone's right to ownership and do not post, repost, link, or host this video for your own means without permission.