Movie World's website

Adam

Movie World's website has to be the worst theme park website I've ever seen. It lacks any form of consistency in both appearance and content. Take a look at these three ride pages: http://www.movieworld.com.au/rides_attract....cfm?ride_id=18 http://www.movieworld.com.au/rides_attract....cfm?ride_id=17 http://www.movieworld.com.au/rides_attract...s.cfm?ride_id=2 They all have different layouts and follow no set structure or style. Superman's profile page is a joke - there is not a single picture of the coaster and the logo looks very out of place. (If you don't think Superman's profile page is extremely bad then try comparing it to Lethal Weapon's page). Here is an example of two logos on the Movie World website - one is a recent addition (most likely added by someone who hates their job and is trying to get fired), the other is an older Movie World logo which was most likely done by the original developer of the site: Poorly implemented logo: escape7aq.gif Perfectly integrated logo: lethalweapon3bd.gif Notice that one of the logos blends nicely with the background colour of the site (navy blue) while the other looks like it was cut out of a magazine and placed there by a pre-schooler. In recent times, the website has gone down the drain. What happened to the fancy "Facts" section? Very nicely presented: nicefacts7pd.gif Who would want to read these facts? badfacts0fa.gif Also, would it hurt to use consistently styled subheadings? subheadings7ej.gif The rest of the website is poorly maintained too and often looks as thought it was "thrown together" at the last minute. The site also has some serious cross browser compatibility issues. (Why the HELL do they need to disable right click?) It is very obvious the person who maintains Movie World’s website isn't a professional (or even an amateur) web developer at all...

Have to say I agree with some of your points but it is just a website at the end of the day - it doesnt effect whether or not the person rides the ride or visists the park. With the javascript thing, I dont know why people bother with that because it doesnt even work in firefox if you disable javascript so it's just a waste of a code really and anyone can get stuff off the web just print screen it if its a picture or highlight the text and ctrl+v if its text.

Edited by lisalila

Very well said. I mean, knowing alot of people in the sorrounding area, I know there are some serious, how we say, "idiots" around, but it's fairly embarrassing, as a somewhat youth to see that sort of crap being posted on the site. I think the only good thing about the site is the fact that the site's... uhhmmm... well there's that, now wait, that was Dreamworld's... oh yeah, nah... Nah, it's inefficient, filled with unproffessional web designers and heck, it sucks.