should DreamWorld bring in a new ride for the hoildays?

LunaParkFanatic

I was just wondering, Should DreamWorld bring in a new ride for the hoildays like Luna Park Sydney does? I personally think yes, As maybe it'd take afew more people off the paths & on the rides and also it may bring DreamWorld some more guests/money.... Also if they did bring in a new ride for the hoildays, What would it be? This is a pretty hard question to answer as it'd need to be unquie, something that's never been in Aust. before or maybe an old time classic! Anyways what you people think?

Dreamworld did have more rides in one year, with the Extended Play promotion. They had if memory serves correctly, Ali Baba, Scorpion, Hang Over, Some dodgy Simulator, and possibly one more that escapes memory (or maybe it was just 4?). All of the rides were placed together, and strangely, in the middle of summer these rides were pretty much walk on compared to huge lines for all the normal rides. I think it was a pretty cool idea, and one that I was sad to see die after the first year. Evidently cost more then it was worth, but I liked it.

Why would they bother? To me it would be a bad thing for the park because they would probably place an extra charge for the ride and this would discourage people from using it. Remember it cost about $60 per person to get into the park as it is, plus food, drinks and merchandise. For a family it is an expensive day out and any extra cost would be frowned upon by the public. "The Bus is now leaving for Uponga, NSW"

You have to remember Lunaparkfanatic that Dreamworld is most definitely not Luna Park Sydney. And thank god for that. The park spends millions of dollars on their new quality attractions, it would be a shame to ruin it with dodgy temporary rides. They are a serious theme park not a pile of asphalt with old carnival rides scattered around randomly

Edited by GoBoi

joz, they also had chaos, thats was the 5 th ride:) also with xtreme world, will we have extreme wipeout and tot and drop like previuos years.....the website dosae not mention it. I for one look forward to seeing the wipeout come of off its normal cycle and run a different one:P...ive seen 3 different programs from memory in previous years.

There's a significant difference between nearly all aspects of Luna Park when compared with Dreamworld. I don't, as many other people have said, think that a temporary summer ride for Dreamworld would be necessary. Firstly, if the public gets engrossed on the ride, what is Dreamworld going to do when it's time to take the ride down? It costs a lot of money and Dreamworld would not plan ahead and say, "Hey, the public is gonna love this ride, let's spend a few million dollars on keeping it here!". Like GoBoi said, Dreamworld is not a theme park comitted to randomly placing carnival rides around, it is instead Australia's most top-quality, value for money park. A funfair ride just isn't suited for Dreamworld. That simple.

Such as continue to build more permanant attractions? I think you're all getting some lines mixed up here. Parks build attractions to bring in more attendance, and when the park becomes full again, they build another attraction. <i>The circle of life continues. :) </i> Thing is, some rides don't have great capacity (look at Cyclone for example) so a park could be bringing in larger numbers of crowds for a new attraction but would be only able to cycle through a few. <i> That's called a capcity issue. :D </i> Dreamworld did a promotion back in 1998 (I think, it's around there) which was the extend play campaign. Basically, they stuck some extra carnival rides in behind the bowling area where the "Nick to Tiger Island entrance" resides and sort of made it into a free crowd dissapator, so to speak. Thing is though, that was ONLY ever a promotion that would most probably happen no more than once, especially with a public trading company with hundreds if not thousands of share holders to keep happy. In the very current situation, where Dreamworld has got an overall expansion budget of 270 million big ones, why would you think they would use the same marketing campaing all over again and try to draw the same "non existent" crowds that used those extra rides in the first place? With the amount of money that they have, why not put in a seasonal attraction that's actually decent? I'm looking at it this way, at least they're not using the "double play" campaign all over again... anyone feel like waiting for Cyclone for oh I dunno... four hours?

Chaos, of course, that was the only time I've ever been on a Chaos, can't beleive I forgot it :P Like I say though, there weren't any queues for the extra rides (maybe one cycle, though they were getting pretty close to being full when loaded). As a guest I thought it was really neat, and really, it fit in with DW quite well (Remember this was next to Country Fair with an arcade, Enterprise, Gravatron, Zumer, Bumper cars, and the carni games nearby), and even with the Ocean Parade themeing it would probably still fit in. I don't know how the attendance went for that holiday period (or what the 5 extra rides were competiting against) but evidently it didn't provide enough of a boost, which I think is a shame since I really liked it and would have loved to see it work. I know I'm going against popular opinion here, but as a guest I reckon an extra ride or two would be good over Xmas. Would it make money? Who knows, 5 temp. rides obviously doesn't make money (or they'd do it again), but one or two? I'd love to see them give it a crack.