Superman press release

Richard

Press Release: http://www.roller-coaster.com.au/release.php?prid=47 There's nothing terribly new or noteworthy about this release. Just an interesting read. Nothing like a press release that takes a few swipes at the competition. As far as I'm concerned the jury is still out on Movie World's storytelling ability (someone tell me Scooby-Doo or Wild West Falls' or Lethal Weapon's stories and I'll be very happy).

"now this would not happen..obviously, for many reasons." But how funny would it be if DW decided to build a clone of kingda ka... little old superman would be a laughing stock...and dreamworld would be the ones laughing. I could just imagine what the ppl at movieworld would say if that happend, not to mention the money they would have wasted to have a ride built 2 mins away that makes it look like a toy coaster:P just a thought i had:P If i were DW, i would now focus on more thrills, we have enough kids stuff..if MW wants to fight. DW should fight back with a vengence:)lol DW is the thrill park!!!!! lets get um

Edited by kennykoala

KennyKoala old son, do you have any reasons to back up your little rant? Seriously, I must've said this a million times now that Dreamworld will never get another high speed/large height coaster again, come on buddy, as if a park would waste mega bucks on targetting an audience of people who already come to the park for Tower of Terror. Doesn't make much sense to me. So basically they'd be laughing, but it wouldn't be a happy "hysteric" laughing, that's for sure. And I think the people over at WVTP would say the same thing they did when Dreamworld made the media release about the water park... "It's just a clone of what we do."

KennyKoala old son, do you have any reasons to back up your little rant? Seriously, I must've said this a million times now that Dreamworld will never get another high speed/large height coaster again, come on buddy, as if a park would waste mega bucks on targetting an audience of people who already come to the park for Tower of Terror. Doesn't make much sense to me. So basically they'd be laughing, but it wouldn't be a happy "hysteric" laughing, that's for sure. And I think the people over at WVTP would say the same thing they did when Dreamworld made the media release about the water park... "It's just a clone of what we do."
I did say, at the begining of my rant, it would not happen.. i have also said that many times that they would not get a coasster like that, because it is basically just like tot. theres no point for DW doing it. However your point about DW not gettin another large height coater?, wat do u suggest they could pull out to cmpete with superman, that would really impress ppl. Theres no reason, dw cant get a mega or hyper coaster to compete with MW. At least it would have the visual wow factor. They dont have a good coaster, and for a thrill park they need one. If dw dose put in another **** coaster there just stupid. Cyclone is absolute ****!!! I really want them to start competeing hard. obviously we arnt america, and we cant be lucky enough for one of our parks to add 3 coasters in a year (good old magic mountain:P) And the "its a clone of what we do" well that comment from wvtp was just stupid and we know that. wnw was just lucky to be the only waterpark for so long, there r hundreds of waterparks in the states.

Nice Joz. :) Kenny, seriously, don't twist my words in future firstly, it gets really irritating. What I said was Dreamworld will never get a coaster like TOT in terms of height and speed again, not "they won't ever get a tall or fast coaster ever again", geese, maybe if I put a couple of spelling mistakes in you would've picked that up?:D And yes, I know that what John Menzie said might've been a bit stupid, but it doesn't mean he wouldn't say it again buddy if something like that happened, unless we're living in some kind of parallel universe where koalas run the show.

Went to movieworld today and rode superman escape, only waited under 10mins twice, very quick to board. I did enjoy the ride, the city part at the start is quite good. I do however feel it need to go over the top hat a little quicker. It could be just me, but when I rode xcellarator at knotts, when going over the top hat it felt like it was throwing you out of the train hardcore, so much so that the seat belt dug into my waist. I like the last camel hump, thats were u realy come out of your seat:) I rode in car 3 and car 4. all in all it was a good hr, went on superman, lethal and back on superman, then went to dreamworld to watch the XD show, its quite crap. both parks were packed.