Superman escape review thread

Morphix

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I rode Superman w/my friend last week & we thought it was awesome & very smooth to ride. I loved how you flew out of your seat with each camel hump. I personally think it will do well accept a lot of kids were dissapointed that they didn't make the height restrictions &...the locker situation sucks IMHO

Well heres my review/description. SPOILERS You first walk into the ride area, which is nicely landscaped with marquees, benches and grass to sit on and gives great views of the ride, there is another part near the helix that IMO would be safe for people to be in but it is locked up by gates. Hopefully in the future some metropolis theming will go into this area. The whole area is nice, but a little too simplistic. You then walk down a long walkway towards 3 entrances, one for the shop, lockers and queue. The queue area is also a little bland towards the start, but this paticular part never had anyone waiting there so it would only be filled on very busy days. The main part of the queue has an art deco look to it, with a big MRT sign and posters up on the wall for cruise lines, network maps, daily planet articles etc. There are also slight cracks painted on the walls hinting of events to come The queue zigzags up with lcd screens with a person telling you how to board the train, put on restraints etc. There are also P.A announcments saying that tremors have been detected in the city but not to worry. At the top of the queue are 5 doors which lead through to the station. Door 5 is the best as it leads to front. When the doors open you board the train, the restraints are quite comfy and are really just lap bars with a soft ostr tacked on, not at all restricting. When the ops are done you are off. Another PA announcement warns you to move the train to the next station (metropolis square) You move off around the corner and down the tunnel, lights flash, the walls are cracked and gas mains burst, spilling smoke everywhere. As you round another bend the train slows to stop at metropolis square but at that moment the walls colapse in sequence and lockers and posters in the station start shaking. A PA announcment warns you not to stop so the train accelerates a little and continues on, you are then warned the underground pumping station is about to blow, and with that water rushes down very close to the track. You then round the final bend, and on the inside are a cop car and a taxi crashed into each other from the road above, you can hear their respective radios, the cops callling for backup and the taxi warning others to keep away. You then approach the launch and stop, suddenly a laser projection of superman flies in and someone exclaims "Its Superman!", superman then says that there is only one way out of this mess and to keep your head back. The brake fins drop and smokes is blasted over the tunnel exit. Then you are launched. The acceleration is powerful and smooth, moreso that the TOT, but not jarring, it is like you are thrown. You hurtle down, burst though the fog and are lifted up over the tophat, you get a nice bit of air on the first part but you are back in your seat as you crawl over the peak, you get a great view and can see everyone staring up at you, you then get a nice bit of hang time before dropping down the other side. The drop is fantasic staring straight down, you then twist around into the turn, firmly glued to your seat, you then curve skywards, and are pushed firmly out of your seat at the peak for some serious airtime before speeding down the other side of the drop. You punch through some smoke into darkness before being back out in daylight. You get a good head chopper, but you can safley put your arms up, but it is very close. You then head up the next hill for another great moment of airtime and a cool head chopper from the track above. You then drop again down into the reverse overbank where your onride photo is taken from the right. You will be grinning from ear to ear my now so you can be assured you will get a good shot. You arch up to the brake run and come to a very smooth and quiet stop and eveyone exclaims "Best ride ever". The ops yell out to undo your seatbelts before you get into the station. You then stop where it another pa announcment says "Thanks to superman you have all survived, exit to the lrigh quickly and have a great day" You then find yourself in a shop full of some pretty good superman merchandise. Onride photos are $15 but they are good quality. So in short Australias best ride, great re-rideablity, and definitley something to come and ride as soon as you can. It may not be as big as some of the other rockets, but it still is very good, i mean, have intamin built a bad accelerator yet?

But Basically, its an awesome ride from anywhere, be sure to get a ride or 3 at the front seat, but if your into re- riding lots of times just do what i did and be a single rider, in many situations i had just joined the line and they called for a single rider so i was able to bypass the line many times, at one point i was doing a ride every 5 minutes ( i only sustained that for half and hour or so before i had to meet mum).

I went to MW yesterday and it was soooo packed..never been that packed before..I only got 7 rides (WWW once, LW once and Superman five) because the lines were just terrible..well not terrible but I was only there for 3 hours (and fyi I had to go out somewhere since my friend I am staying with had to work from 12-4 and other friend went and picked up her friend from the GC since we're doing a road trip together) I'm very impressed with Superman, I didnt think it'll be as good as it was and I really like the locker idea and how it's serperate from the line up. Waiting in line was a little nervous because these girls behind me were like "I hava headache from the smoke" and I was like "smoke?" and how i reall pushes your body into the seats on take off hehe but it's really awesome..but I had to stop going it after 5 times in a row because it made me sick (like thatfeeling) and my head was spinning but it's so so awesome. I love how there are two cars as well but it was a little hard for me to pull down the harness since it's so heavy but going over the top hat andthan twisting a bit hurt the first time (because I didnt know it actually twisted) but great air time andthe view was very very awesome. The camel hump after the top hat omg you get pushed into your seat and if you have your arms up they get pushed down hehe. Was suprised to see they take photos haha!! took me forever to figure out where (and I totally forgot someone mentioned it on this site) but yeah it's an awesome awesome ride, cant wait to come back up on Feb 21st and go on it. The line up goes down quickly like Scooby and the way the guy was doing it today was very quick and I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVED how he told everone who went under the bars off heheh he was like "do you think it's neded to jump under the bars or do you think you could just walk around and not be lazy?" The themeing was very cool especially the earth quake bit and I love how there are two entrances because it kinda ties the back of the park near LW/SDSC in with the front and it provides a good shortcut to those area's.

Edited by lisalila

This coaster is a good coaster, yes it has good airtime on it. It runs smooth but i didn't like the train and restraints. The problem is that their very uncomfortable to sit in and the should restraints dig in your shoulders particularly over the camel back hills. I had the same trouble on Storm Runner a few years ago. I think they should be looking at the trains and restraints they use on Top Thrill Dragster and Xcellerator.The thing i notice with those trains is how comfortable you were sitting in them. The lap bar rapped around you more so than the lapbar on Superman ROS coaster's over in the states.

I think that is him, I have heard him say " Oi! Walk Around, Walk around the Ropes and don't jump under, Like Civilised People, are You Not Civilised People?" That made me wet myself with laughter. Another Embarrasing thing that happenend to me was, Paul Will Remember this, I was about to line up for our 7th ride, and a Guy was asking the op what the best seat to sit in is, And the op saw me and said ' I Think You Should Ask This Guy, He has been on it over 100 times' That was Embarrasing lol. Edit I am Obviously not Civilised as I can't Spell Civilised Properly

Edited by Spotty