Big Brother 2006

Well i've just booked my acommodation to attend a Big Brother Eviction Show on Sunday 7th May. I just hope that BB runs that long. With rumors saying that BB will start in February it'll put BB out of my date. So why did i book it? Well hey they are rumors and i'm guessing that BB will start the 2nd week of March. Just before the Commonwealth Games. Why? I just have a hunch

Oh, deer god, seriously dude, wow, one of the worst threads ALREADY this year. First off, you've booked accomodation on a hunch? Seriously, from what I know they'll start BB late feb/early march, so we have two scenarios, either A )you'll miss it by a week or B ) taking into account that housemates have stayed in the house for more than 90 days dependent on the season, you'll miss it by a week. I'd believe you except for the fact you've based all your knowledge off what some magical Dreamworld fairy told you, and heck, those Dreamworld fairies just can't be trusted sometimes.

Edited by Slick

Oh, deer god, seriously dude, wow, one of the worst threads ALREADY this year. First off, you've booked accomodation on a hunch? Seriously, from what I know they'll start BB late feb/early march, so we have two scenarios, either A )you'll miss it by a week or B ) taking into account that housemates have stayed in the house for more than 90 days dependent on the season, you'll miss it by a week. I'd believe you except for the fact you've based all your knowledge off what some magical Dreamworld fairy told you, and heck, those Dreamworld fairies just can't be trusted sometimes.
Actually if you look at the history of BB it usually runs into June. Also the hotel doesn't charge you until you check out. So if i cancel or change the dates within 7 days of arrival i won't be charged any fees. So booking my accommodation early wont be a problem. Airfares are diffrent matter that's why i'm going to wait.

It usually runs into june beause the season has started later in the year for what.. the past four, five years now? Also, the hotel is able to forfeit your accommodation to "paying" guests if you don't meet or make the time you're supposed to arrive. But hey, I hear those local busses have great air-con.... or so I hear atleast.

Unless the producers are total morons (they are the producers of BB so it's not far off) they won't start until the Commonwealth Games are finished. If they do try to compete during that period they will get slaughtered in the ratings and it will be the death nail for the show. Do you hear that? Yes? Good that's me cheering. "The Bus is now leaving for Commonwealth Explosives Pier, Victoria"

• 2 weeks later...

You know what Southern Star (well more Endmol, if you look at their history) are like. They'll compete for ratings anywhere. This year, though, they're going to have a harder time earning the viewers they have earned in the last 5 years of BB, simply because 1. People were cautious after the big ordeal with the ABA, 2. Big Brother may have lasted 6 years in the US but chances of that happening here are not likely because people are sick of the show, and 3. It's reached it's use-by date. As far as I see it, 2006 will be the final year of Big Brother in Australia. As for everyone else, well, that's their choice.

• 2 weeks later...

Is Big Brother changing format this year? Previously, BB has had a daily nightly show at 7pm. Recent ads for The Biggest Loser (which starts early February) state that it will be on weeknights at 7pm for the next 4 months. If thats the case, BB will either start later or the daily show will move to another timeslot. Has anyone heard anything? :D

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was on a bus on my way to Footscray today and as i was passing the Western oval (Footscray's homeground) i seen a huge BB sign that said "All will be revealed on 22nd April" This post has been edited and the following has been entered. BIG BROTHER 2006 – THE COUNTDOWN ... The wait is nearly over. In less than two weeks, Big Brother will return. The BB06 launch show will air on Sunday, April 23 at 7.30pm. For the first time ever, BB fans will be able to purchase tickets to the live launch show at Dreamworld. Tickets will be on sale at www.dreamworld.com.au. For eviction show and launch show tickets just go to https://www.dreamworld.com.au/content/bb_ho...me=BigBrother06

Edited by dreamworld_rulz

• 1 month later...

Im actually Going to the live Special event on Tuesday the 30th at Dreamworld. Its An Australian first. Now I have no idea what it is, but some ideas. I have an idea a house mate will be going over to BB in England and we will be getting one of theres. Not sure, just been reading alot about it. Im going to the eviction next weekend too.

Im actually Going to the live Special event on Tuesday the 30th at Dreamworld. Its An Australian first. Now I have no idea what it is, but some ideas. I have an idea a house mate will be going over to BB in England and we will be getting one of theres. Not sure, just been reading alot about it. Im going to the eviction next weekend too.
Are you going on the 4th June? Coz that's when i'm going? I'm in the 2nd row.