What To Do With The Maveric Show Stage

thunder001

It has been unused for about 6 months now. They discountinuted the Maverick Show for some unknown reason, replacing it with a cheap unpopular solution. Superstars in Concert, or something along those lines, which consisted of people that could be manipulated to look like stars of the past and present, then singing famous songs. The Maverick set is still behind there. The Police Academy show won't be moved anywhere. True their set needs major revamping - some parts look unnaturally sad. But it'll either be discountinued, or stay where it is. It is the most popular show in the park, and without a doubt in my mind the best show in Australia. The show wouldn't work indoors. You can't physically remove the building. It is one of the most sturdy-looking buildings in the park. The Matrix is an ideal theme for an indoor show. With both sequels coming in 2003, it would be highly appropriate to open a new attraction coinciding with one of these days (May 15 and November if I'm not mistaken). My dream for the set would for the roof they built on it to be removed, and the original show, Wild West Action Show, opened again. I only saw it twice, but I always thought it was a much better show than the Police Academy show. I would simply love to see it again.

I think that they should re-run "Super Stars Live in Concert" :shock: :? :rolleyes: I personally feel that that particular corner of the park is already a bit cluttered (Lethal Weapon, Scooby Doo and Wild West falls/Wild Wild West). So perhaps they should just put a new show in, but I don't think Matrix would be the best show for the area. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a Matrix themed stunt show, but since the stage is right in the middle of the western themed area, then I think that the show should be western. I agree with Richard that the original show that was there was there when the park opened was the best show they had, maybe they could do an indoor version of that show. My thinking is that the show shouldn't be themed to any film in particular, but be themed to the western movie genre, so they can just concentrate on making the show entertaining rather then making sure it fits with some movie. Even if they do use it for Functions and TV shows, they should still use it for live shows during the day. Seaworld uses both Dolphin Cove and the Ski Show arena for TV shows and functions, so there's no reason that it can't be done. For me, the arena as it stands is a huge waste of space, (and an eyesore, but I'll save that for another day), and I'm sure that a new show in there might do the park well. If they don't do that, I think they should demolish the arena and build a clone of 'Stunt Fall/Deja 'Vu, or Wild West Wooden Roller Coaster; Afterall, the other parks get all our good rides, its about time we got some of there's :)

• 3 weeks later...

posted by zztopless (dan)

But I don't think wooden coasters are easy to market to the general public  I could be wrong.
wrong wooden coaster of now a days are easy to market and theme if you build it in the right part of the park like wild west just like knotts did with ghostrider being built in ghosttown at knotts plus the wooden coasters of now a days go so fast, ive been on ghostrider loads of times and it is the best coaster I have ever been on to date.