xcelarator test video

kennykoala

hi ppl, american coasters has just posted up a vid of xcelarator being launched at 100mph+ this thing is flying over the top hat, however at its normal launch i think it goes over much quicker than superman..the second launch is the quickest...........http://www.americacoasters.com/videos/xcel1.mov

Edited by kennykoala

Well derr it's faster than Superman! That thing (not Superman) travels 160kph...is that the right abbreviation for kilometres per hour?
xcelarator normal dose 131kph, this was them testing how quick it could go. so derr!! i know its faster than superman anyhow, i was just saying its alot faster in the vid to its normal speed.

I personally think it was a very stupid idea for Knott's to do such a thing. The entire structure is designed to withstand so much, especially the top hat given its design, so unless Intamin went "yep, push the hydralics to the edge and hope none of the valves burst" it was very idiotic for such a renouned park to see if they could make Xcellerator 40 odd more kilometres faster than its normal speed.

its crazy really! the launch on xcelarator is not very long, it would of been tearin down the runway..lol. like i said b4, it crests the top hat ay a fair speed as it is, to the point the seat belt dug into me over the top. Could you imagine being on the thing, the launch would be amazing, and over the top well, it would kill.

I'm pretty sure Knotts didn't just do it "to see if they could make Xcellerator 40 odd more kilometres faster than its normal speed". The hydraulic system is capable of producing faster than usual speeds safely, and without causing too much strain on the structure. Most rocket coasters have had this test with an Intamin tech on site, including Top Thrill Dragster.