Best day for a visit

vellanet

Most of the parks seemed relatively quietish last week (judging from car parks anyway) Even on a pretty busy day I'd say you'd be able to easily fit more than one ride on TOT in.....Longest I've ever experienced during summer holidays was a 45 minute queue and I doubt it'd be that bad in Winter. Although, other people may know differently. Anyway, hope you have fun :D

At this time of year, being both NSW and Qld holidays, you'll find that Saturday and Sunday are the best days to go. Standard holidays are normally a Monday to Friday deal, and so anyone flying north for the winter will be doing the parks midweek. Weekends are your safest bet because most interstate and general holidayers aren't there, so you're left with locals (i.e. Brisbanites and Gold Coasters), who even then tend not to go during the holidays. You'll certainly be able to get in enough rides on TOT, as well as most/all other rides. TOT might be able to creep up to 45 minutes if it's a heavy enough day, and Giant Drop will be more. Everything else will be nice and short (i.e. 15-25 minutes tops). Best of luck up here! Don't forget to post a trip report. :)

last week every day was around 4500 at movieworld except for sunday which was 3800. and today 5300 so sunday will be your best day. not sure of dreamworld as MW, SW and WNW offer a 3 day pass which helps, but this should give you a general idea, "those numbers are good considing during the school hoildays the discount tickets at half price arent avalible so thats alot of people. just remember get to dreamworld early because in the afternoon you will get the extra Big Brother audience.

I'd say for holiday periods, the weekend will certainly give you a slash in queues (especially the TOT!!) But if you're heading down to DreamWorld on a school day, tuesday-thursday is your best bet PS: BEWARE FOR ALL WHO READ THIS! DO NOT GO TO DREAMWORLD ON EKKA WEDNESDAY! IT IS DREAMWORLD'S BIGGEST DAY OF THE YEAR! I WENT THERE ONCE ON EKKA WED. AND THE QUEUE JUST TO GET IN WAS OVER 1 HOUR! :x

The ekka is brisbane's annual exhibition e.g. carnival rides like dodgems and stuff plus showbags and you know...... where the loud mouth guy stands next to his rigged booth and says psycholically manipulative phrases to get people to "toss the horse shoe"! (Yes, i do realise there are a lot of big words in this post...)