Wonderland Photo Update- 8/7/03 (New Videos Included!)

Flea

I went today because I was craving to get construction shots for you all. However, it proved to be impossible to get any constrcution shots of the beach. The only possible way to get shots was to take my camera on Space Probe or Bush Beast.. a risk I was not willing to take. I'm very sorry about no construction shots, I promise I will have them next time. Now, onto the day's happenings.. I arrived at the park at 10 past 11, a bit late than usual due to a major trafic jam caused by construction on the horlsey drive. The park was packed, major rides were generating up to 20 minute waits (Space Probe, in particular). The day was known as "Eeels members day", all team mates of the Parramatta Eeels spent the day at Wonderland, along with many, many fans. As soon as I entered the park, I ran to Space Probe. Car no. 3 was my allocated car, so I quickly boarded. Whilst going up the tower, I noticed a very loud buzzing sound coming from the car, along with very voilent jolts. It got me worried, and I was soon to find out that this odd buzz and jolt was occuring on all cars. Whilst taking shots of Snowy River Rampage (I have a decent amount to show), I noticed that Space Probe was going up. So I took a break from taking pictures to look at Space Probe operating. Something wasn't right. All 3 cars refused to drop, and I immediately noticed it was a break down.. so I ran all the way from Snowy River Rampage to Space Probe, but by the time I got there, the mechanics had already pulled the cars down. However, I did get to chat to a few of the riders that experienced the breakdown, they said that they've never been so scared in their life. (the break down may have been related to that buzz and jolt I was talking about.. but who knows?) That being said, a ride op asked me if I could be (along with 3 other people) to be a test dummy for a few cycles. The odd buzz and jolt were now gone, and the ride ran perfectly. The Bush Beast's yellow train was no where in sight today. The transfer track was empty, could this mean new rolling stock for TBB's yellow train? Now, onto the photos.. I must warn that these photos are definately not of my greatest photography, as the weather (and camera) didn't quite co-operate with my today. None the less.. mini-100-0099_IMG.JPGThe Bush Beast exiting the station (see those 2 kids in the front? They gave my the weirdest look..) mini-100-0100_IMG.JPGWhen queuing up for Snowy River Rampage, this sign provides just what you needed to know on a cold winter's day. mini-101-0104_IMG.JPGCaught red handed! "Please sit down" :).. mini-101-0105_IMG.JPGThese people actually got soaked, they would've been even more soaked if it wasn't for that stupid retarded jet that always goes off 5 seconds after the boat actually passes. mini-101-0111_IMG.JPGIf this was summer, you'd see many people trying to get mist on their face. mini-101-0116_IMG.JPGJust one of the many failed attempts to get a shot of Demon and Space Probe going at the same time. (Sorry Jaggs! :() mini-left-left-left-101-0110_IMG.JPGDemon coming down the drop.. (Can you believe that this drop actually used to scare the bejeebeses out of Andrew?) mini-101-0118_IMG.JPGSpell binding sorcery's entrance mini-left-left-left-101-0108_IMG.JPGBest. Ride. Ever. I didn't really know what to take pictures of today since I couldn't see the construction of the beach, so this is why you see many randomised photos of Wonderland. I hope you enjoyed them though! Thanks, ~Flea

My photos ain't good enough for ya, huh? :P If you want, I could send you the high quality versions of my photos of Snowy River Rampage (..and that one shot of TBB), which are quite better than you see here. This also goes out to anyone wanting the original high quality photos (file size varies from 300k-700k). ~Flea

Guest boycotta

hey flea they photos are great and like you have mentioned befre do you think you could send me the demon and river rampage photos if it isnt a hassle. thanx Coming Soon! an all new forum by me conmtaining photos and the best wonderland news you can find. °¤WõÑdÈ®lãÑD §ýDñÈÿ «Pîk ÑéWs» opens soon!

Do u have any more videos of the Space Probe? They are really good!!!
No, unfortunately I don't. I do have off-ride videos of Space Probe, but I accidently tilted the camera vertically, and the editing program won't let me rotate the video. So unless you want to turn your head, let me know if you want it. ~Liam

Short videos of Demon and Space Probe now available! I have had to cut down the quality a bit in order for everyone to view them with ease. Comments are appreciated, enjoy! Space Probe Off Ride.. http://ourworld.cs.com/Flea110/SPOR.WMV Demon Coming Through Station.. http://ourworld.cs.com/Flea110/DOR.WMV Demon's First Drop.. http://ourworld.cs.com/Flea110/DFD.WMV Today's visit to Wonderland included many, many annoying friends. 5 of them were girls, and the not-so-annoying Andrew (Andy_q69). Andrew and I had a lot of touble finding the girls, as they decided to wander off in the morning. All photos and videos are taken with my Canon PowerShot A200. No sound is available (unless someone wants to donate a digital camera with the sound option on movies? :)). I am currently in the process of editing a 3 minute video of Wonderland. The video was recorded earlier this year, using my panasonic digital camcorder (Yeah, the real thing! :P). Accompaning music and great footage will make this a sure download, expect the video in coming weeks! Thanks, ~Flea

No, the dodgems is the Jousting Rink. The Bounty Bumpers is the little kids car ride outside the dodgems... {EDIT} - And yes, he did tape BB!!  :rolleyes:
Lol, it's Jousting Ring. No, I didn't tape BB. I was going to take a picture of it, but I didn't. And plus, I'm talking about the day when I took my video camera to the park, not my digital camera. Get your facts right! :) To answer your question Nightshifter, I took footage of nearly everything in the park, except for the little flats etc. However, my video camera is currently being repaired since an unfortunate incident happened on Bounty's Revenge (I asked this guy to put my bag down, but instead of putting it down slowly, he decided to chuck it.. which broke my camera). Once the camera gets fixed, I will take it to Wonderland again to get some more footage, but this time, focusing on all the rides at the park. Thanks, ~Flea