New theme park for Port Macquarie?

surfdog

I was in Port macquarie for 2 weeks on the holidays and heard word of a new water park being planned. I also found this: Theme park plan for aquatic centre Simone Plews Friday, 27 January 2006 A WATER theme park within Port Macquarie's new aquatic centre will be investigated, as will private-sector management of the facility Port Macquarie-Hastings Council will explore options to include waterslides, a wave pool, cafe and mini-golf in the proposed $15 million aquatic centre proposal at Macquarie Park. The centre would replace the existing Gordon St aquatic complex, and comprise a 10-lane, 50m Olympic-standard pool, 25m indoor pool, hydrotherapy pool and learn-to-swim pool. At Monday night's council meeting, Cr Rob Nardella suggested the council explore the additional facilities to give the centre a "tourist-type feel". "The theme park component could actually be run by the private sector," he said. Cr Lisa Intemann said she was concerned with the council's "apparently continuing determination" to pursue such projects. "I'm worried about how we are keeping tabs on these additions and the effect on our budget," she said. The council's infrastructure services director, Stephen Finlay, said the new aquatic facility was long overdue. "The existing pool infrastructure is getting old and tired. "The best option is to replace it," he told the meeting.