Twister Questions

Gazza

When i was at WnW recently i noticed that the Twister seemed a bit different from how i remembered it, it seemed to have less twists than what i could remember, and the slides are now translucent green and blue, when they used to be pitch black inside (I ruled out the slides being re painted since you cant make something opaque translucent by just painting it), which raised the question, has the slide ever been replaced with same thing, just modified? Another thing that led me to think this was the fact the supports for the slide look modified. They are T shaped with an extra steel tube at the top of the T that connects to each slide, but the connecting tube was angled to connect to the slide rather than just being vertical, it looked as though the T supports had supported the original slide, but since then a newer slide had been installed that didnt line up with the original supports, so extra steel tubes were welded on so the original supports could still be used. So was the slide ever replaced or am i just crazy?

Yeah that why i said in another post that i thought they had been removed. Last time i went to WnW was like in 95 or something like that and the slides were black or really dark, then when was there this year there a light blue greeny color light they have faded really badly.

Yeah it seemed like they undertook a pretty major upgrade of the whole speed slide/twister tower complex a few years ago. It certainly needed it - it was a remnant from Cade's Water County and was looking very old and tired. No 'world class' waterpark has slides which look like that anymore (same as the one which used to be at Wonderland's 'Beach'). I'm just wondering when it came to refurbishing the slides did they replace them completely? Or did they just recoat/repaint them? If they actually replaced them they might as well have built a whole new slide. I think they ended up doing a fair bit to the tower aswell. Would be interested to know exactly what was involved. I always wonder how much money they end up saving by modifying/refurbing an existing structure as opposed to building a new one from scratch

• 7 months later...

when i went back in 04 the slides were still black!? <_< but i noticed how much smoother the ride had gotten, i went in 99 and it was black but rough as and it hurt ur back and it was like the tubes wernt lined up properly. but last time i went, i couldnt feel the connection in the tubes, but as for the colour, it was still black, although, i did notice spots through it that alot of sunlight could sneak in...