Tower of Terror is Getting Too Loud

The Tower of Terror Is Getting Too Loud. I had the familiar experience of walking under the walkway under the TOT when the siren went off and the car came bursting out of the tunnel. It was the loudest sound I have ever heard. I noticed it was louder straight away when the ride first came out of the tunnel. It just kept getting louder and louder from there. It was going at a regular speed, so over doing the speed wasn't the cause. Then I thought it could be the engine starting to wear. Yeah, right. All the time I was thinking, the grinding noise of the car going up the Dreamworld Tower echoed through the park. And, like it does everytime, it came back down. As it roared past again, it was not as loud, but still most definetely louder than other times. Then it hit me. It was just a bad cycle. Obviously, I walked under the tunnel at the wrong time. Obviously, it was just this ride. I didn't think much of it until I went back under the tunnel and the TOT was up the top of the tower. And everybody knows: you can't look away when you see this beast in action. So, like always, it rolled back. It screamed. It was loud. And not just Tower of Terror loud, sort of...Wipeout times 10 loud. Was it just a bad day to go to Dreamworld, or is the Tower of Terror realy getting louder?

Edited by The Theme Park Master

I don think the TOT is getting louder. Every experience ive had ive standing near or underneath the TOT has been fairly quiet, not dead silent. It has to make SOME noise obviously.... The noise that I mostly hear when its on the horizontal track is what I can best descirbe is the noise of the wheels spinning... or like its hovering down the track... Strange... Very hard to describe. Also, because the tower is hollow (which im guessing it is) it amplifies the noise more as the pod enter the upward slope and the vertical bit. It could be getting louder from old age, but to my experience, its not. Lol, but then again... I could just be going deaf!! :D Just my thoughts!

• 4 weeks later...

It broke down when I went about a week ago.... unless that was the same time as tom was there. I agree who gives if it makes noise. Would you be more thrilled on a silent ride or one that sounds like its going to screw up and that you're all going to die! And, The Theme Park Master, you're complaining about every damn thing at dreamworld and when you're not you're starting scams. (I've never seen a worse home-brew official logo!)

Edited by WnW_Rocks

• 2 months later...

^ Yeah that's true! But I don't think TOT is getting louder. I think it's stayed the same loudness it has always been. I think the park has been slacking off with it a bit by putting less power into as I recall the car always used to reach the "E" of Tower on average when it was new. Nower days you're lucky to see it reach the "F" of Of. Plus I find it a bit slack how they didn't theme the new queue line they had to build when Nick Central came in. I mean it's not that much of an effort but sometimes a small effort can make all the difference.

• 2 months later...