Superman travels light...

Adam

Can anyone give me a logical reason as to why Movie World is saying no to carry-on luggage? Or why Superman Escape was designed this way? Most subway networks allow you to carry bags and cameras etc. - heck, even other Intamin roller-coasters like California Screamin' let you take luggage on board. Secondly, if they are not letting you take stuff on-board, surely they'd let you store stuff for free (for the first hour). Yes, this point has been discussed before, but hopefully the more it's mentioned the more chance we have of them cancelling the fee. :) Dreamworld has recently redesigned the Claw's queuing system to accommodate a new set of metal cubby holes (similar to Wipeout's). And amazingly enough, they don't charge you...

While I don't agree with the decision to charge for lockers - has anyone ever thought that you need to keep $1 in your pocket so you can pay for your locker at the end of the ride???? Consider the fact that Superman spends a lot of its time directly above the heads of park guests. Lethal Weapon's most intense, pocket-emptying sections are done in fenced off areas, while Superman rips around tight corners only metres above people. This is surely enough reason to warrant the strict rules.

Ah, $6 to open the locker, which is hard when your wallets inside... I don't think a rotating system is the answer for Superman. The area for it is too way too small to work. Really, with the design of the station, the only functional way "fix" the problem is to make it free locker hire for an hour (with something that stops the locker counting time when the ride is down), then $7 after that. Still, I'm not privy to the logs from Guest Relations, and there not be much of a backlash on the ground.

Ah, $6 to open the locker, which is hard when your wallets inside... I don't think a rotating system is the answer for Superman. The area for it is too way too small to work. Really, with the design of the station, the only functional way "fix" the problem is to make it free locker hire for an hour (with something that stops the locker counting time when the ride is down), then $7 after that. Still, I'm not privy to the logs from Guest Relations, and there not be much of a backlash on the ground.
I agree completely & it wouldn't be a bad idea if they had the decency to have change machines near the lockers too...My friend & I had to walk from Superman to a store just in an attempt to get coins..how stupid :blink:

I totally Agree here, I have experienced the 6 Dollar fee to Unlock the locker once, When The ride Broke down with us on it!! Not only is this stupid, because your wallets are inside, what If you don't have 6 Dollars to pay to get your stuff out, because you were not expecting to be on a Ride Stop, Honestly, Movie World, make the lockers free for the first hour, and When the ride malfunctions, the lockers should stop timing, or give you your dollar back to re hire it at another stage. With the rotating Baggage rack, It would not work the best due to the layout of the station Platform. If the store wasn't there, it could work but because it is there, it won't due to the exit door being there. However they could make it on the Far side of the platform, but then again, the Control Panel on the Unload platform is there. Another thing the SHOULD do, is for Anuall Pass Holders, Have the lockers at the ride FREE, Just swipe your pass, and a locker opens, and then you enter the DOB that is on your Card, Because, by Buying a Year Pass, we should get some benifits other than just the entry, sure, every 4 months we get some vouchers sent, But I think they should do something Similar to Dreamworld, 15% off Food and Bev, and things like that, While Movie World used to be Cheaper than Dreamworld (Shuttle Bus) Now movie world is the most expensive park to visit, Because of the locker fee, I don't get to go as much as I used to, and don't get the FULL benifit of my pass. Sorry For the Long Post, but I am just expressing my Veiws and Opinons on the Locker System at Movie World.

That was a long post??? Well, on my visit i dropped into guest relations and filled out a comments form and said that Superman should have item storage that is free for the first hour. I think all of you should do the same. But basically its not fair to charge because you dont have a choice, everthing else at MW you have a choice wether or not you buy/pay for it, but here you are forced into it. Also, i spoke to the "grouper" at the top of the superman and the reason for not having an item pass through was because of congestion at the shop.

Edited by Gazza

I totally Agree here, I have experienced the 6 Dollar fee to Unlock the locker once, When The ride Broke down with us on it!! Not only is this stupid, because your wallets are inside, what If you don't have 6 Dollars to pay to get your stuff out, because you were not expecting to be on a Ride Stop, Honestly, Movie World, make the lockers free for the first hour, and When the ride malfunctions, the lockers should stop timing, or give you your dollar back to re hire it at another stage. With the rotating Baggage rack, It would not work the best due to the layout of the station Platform. If the store wasn't there, it could work but because it is there, it won't due to the exit door being there. However they could make it on the Far side of the platform, but then again, the Control Panel on the Unload platform is there. Another thing the SHOULD do, is for Anuall Pass Holders, Have the lockers at the ride FREE, Just swipe your pass, and a locker opens, and then you enter the DOB that is on your Card, Because, by Buying a Year Pass, we should get some benifits other than just the entry, sure, every 4 months we get some vouchers sent, But I think they should do something Similar to Dreamworld, 15% off Food and Bev, and things like that, While Movie World used to be Cheaper than Dreamworld (Shuttle Bus) Now movie world is the most expensive park to visit, Because of the locker fee, I don't get to go as much as I used to, and don't get the FULL benifit of my pass. Sorry For the Long Post, but I am just expressing my Veiws and Opinons on the Locker System at Movie World.
I never received any vouchers every 4 months? But then again maybe it's because i live in Melbourne. I totally agree with the discount food, bev and lockers. There a really no benefits of getting a 12 month pass when comparing it to DW. BTW i'll be renewing my pass on 23rd Feb.

I think MW needs more lockers more than anything really. The only lockers are near the photo store and they get full within the first half an hour/hour of the park opening so than you are basically forced to use the Superman lockers for the rest of the day, even if you dont go on Superman (and you of course don't have anyone else to hold your stuff while on the rides). I didnt have a problem with the lockers at SM really..nice location, easy access and it's only $1 really..not gonna break the bank but the I do agree it should stop timing if the ride breaks down but I dont think they can actually control that? They def need more discounts for pass holders..well they actually need A discount since they don't have any at all, even if its just like 5% a discount is a discount. The free locker for pass holders is a good idea but I doubt that'll happen..they seem to make quite alot from those lockers so why change it. I do love Superman though, great investment for Movieworld and hopefully it'll make Dreamworld get a better rollercoaster or something cool to compete with it.

Edited by lisalila