Sign in to follow this  
Gazza

MW activity sheet

11 posts in this topic

Good find. To be fair, Vekoma probably spent so long developing that "Bayern Curve" (now that's a unique element if there ever was one) that they weren't able to give full attention to making it the smoothest and quietest coaster in the world. I'm sure that's what it was... I never really understood the whole "sitting on the outside of the rails" thing. What's that supposed to mean?

Is the bayern curve the bit where the camera is? I dont mind the ride being a little rough, I just hate it when the restraints don't click in properly and I can lift it a bit..I'm terrified of coming out of harness' so I sit there through the ride and hold it down while trying to keep the head still so it doesnt hurt too much. The wheels sit on the outside part of the track where as most coasters are on the inside of the track like say Cyclone and the Corkscrew.

Obviously its not if you need to do that, and even if you do it still bangs its way around the track, which isnt smooth. Lisalisa A bayern curve is just a helix, really ground breaking stuff :rolleyes: so yeah where the onride photo is. I agree, saying the trains travel on the outside of the track is a bit misleading, they do travel on the 'outside' when they go around inversions, but you could equaly say that they are on the 'inside' of the track at points where the track curves at a peak (say at the top of the lift). All coasters tend to travel on the outside of the track anyway if you are refering to being outside the tracks centre of gravity , the only ones that tend to be within it are those togo pipeline coasters and i guess bobsleds are within the track too. Why didnt they go for the obvious wording? riders sit in trains that travel 'beneath' the track. But gee, have a look at what they call 'education' sample activites include drawing the layout of sdsc, drawing a map of how you got to mw, reasoning why your heart rate would be higher after riding lw. They had the chance for some really good physics questions, eg what is the average velocity of LW as it completes the circuit, see how many kids stuff that one up :P

Edited by Gazza

It is smooth if you keep your head back guys.
Hahaha. Nice one. smooth adj. - characterized by violent motion; turbulent.