Speculations of MW's new ride

Hi guys it has been mentioned that the new ride coming to movie world mid next year is a reverse up ward propelled tower similar to giant drop but in stead of winching you to the top this one will propel you up ward at speed then drop you the same as the giant drop, this info was passed to me by a supervisor but havent seen any other evidnece saying anything about it, so just thought i'd let you guys know and see wht you's think? I personally think it would be cool. cool to see as its an unusual one and cool to ride, like nothing else i've been on well anyways what do we think guys ?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Or it could be any of the many "rip offs" of this ride, Mack and Ride Trade both have their own versions, it could be a cool additon, but one effect of it i have to wonder about is how the GP would view it in comparison to that bungee rocket thing in Surfers, essentialy they offer a similar ride experience (except the S&S doesnt flip freely on the way up)

That's like saying that Lethal Weapon was a bad investment because the general public can't see the difference between it and Thunderbolt. Giant Drop and a S&S tower are fundamentally different rides, that create vastly different ride experiences. If there's one thing Movie World needs, that's smaller flat rides. It's a very easy way to diversify the theme park offerings. If they add a handful of smaller rides like this over the next few years, I would see it as a very effective way to boost the park's profile, more so than their traditional approach of installing major rides every few years. Of course there still needs to be major rides, but their current approach of adding shows and walkthroughs as fillers between the major rides hasn't gone too well, as there seems to be a lack of creativity in everything they've tried in recent years.

Yeah, i also believe some flats need to be incorporated, however they should still have good themeing (At least Claw standard), maybe they could take paramounts approach and put it indoors (like the tomb raider top spin), at least that way you could incorporate some good theming, and also have the bonus of an all weather attraction. Also, Kenny, Space Shots can still be built pretty high, i think 80m is the limit and that is a fairly respectable height, It would have even more of an impact if it was 2 or three towers like it dominating the skyline, so it could work well. If such a ride were to be built at MW i think a cool place to put it could be in the middle of SE (in that sandy part that is currently gated off), Im unsure as to how many towers could fit in that space, but it would look good if it was panneled like Maliboomer intstead of leaving it as a plain framework. It could be made to look like a city skycraper. The rides theme could be themed so something in the superman universe, (It has been suggested a good theme could be one of lex luthours machines) Also, since the whole area is just surrounded by white sheds (Back of LW,Batman, Superman etc) they could have skyscraper facades too, and it would become a metropolis themed area.

Edited by Gazza

I think Dreamworld has shown Australia that the best way to draw large crowds isn't by having a well-maintained park with quality attractions. It's by placing, at random, a combination of poorly themed thrill rides. Movie World should follow suit. :D

I think Dreamworld has shown Australia that the best way to draw large crowds isn't by having a well-maintained park with quality attractions. It's by placing, at random, a combination of poorly themed thrill rides. Movie World should follow suit. :D
That's so so true Adam. I couldn't agree more, as much as it saddens me to say it. Aussies seem to love parks where there's just a whole scattering of rides that will throw them around. Forget the theming, forget the atmosphere and in fact even the quality of the ride doesn't matter too much as long as it spins around a bit. Hence DW's unbeatable popularity. Maybe I should move to America where theming and atmosphere seem to be a little more appreciated. I think Richard is right - add a few flats to MW and you'll definitely have a park to rival DW. The one complaint everyone has about Movie World is that "there's just not enough to do"

Ok, so heres a more complete idea for a space shot at MW. The rides name would be: LexCorp: Antigrav. The basic theme would be you being a test subject to one of Lex Luthours inventions, a device capable of controlling gravity (hence the ride being a space shot). The rides main entrance would be like the entrance lobby to an office tower (LexCorp naturally) It would be a couple of stories high, all glassed in and you would enter via a revolving door. This part would be where the overflow part of the queue would be so it would be swtich backs with chrome posts and rope between them (like in a bank). There would be fake lift doors on each side and at the opposite side of the lobby to the entrance would be the receptionists desk, hanging above the desk would be a banner that says "LexCorp open day", prehaps a pre recorded message would play that would tell people that LexCorp is having a open day so the public can view LexCorps work and have an exclusive look at the development labs. So anyway the queue would then head out through a set of doors into the labs. It would really just be a wide-ish coridoor that wraps around the rides launch area, but completley indoors and windowless. This area would have clean lino floors and fluro lights. Neatly alligned cables would run along the roof (none of that random crap like on GD), LCD screens would be mounted frequently showing info about lex corp and random scientific and engineering data (eg graphs, cad drawings etc). along the queue would be work stations, server cabinets, computers and bits of other equipment in glass cases (eg robotic arms, prototype devices, electronics that have been disssasembled) the themeing would have a degree of interactivity but it would be designed to be vandal resistant. Another feature could be interactive touch screens, where people queuing could do stuff like look through the LexCorp employee data base, run some programs, graphing software etc. As you get to the last part of the queue you are taken in in groups of 28 (basing that on a single Huss Shot'n'Drop Maxi) The door locks behind you where Lex himself appears on a screen. He tells you about his latest invention: the Anitgrav and how it will give him an all new level of power, and how you (the riders) are going to be who it will be tested on. A door then opens and you are forced out into the launch area and made to buckle in (there would be free item storage on the ride since you land where you started and the secuity risk is low since riders could see down into the launch area). The launch area would have polished concrete floors with lines painted on and large bits of machinery all around. on each side of the tower would be an electronic sign showing the current gravitational conditions. Intially it would show "NORMAL", but moments before launch it would change to "REVERSED", with that you would be shot up the tower and the ride program would commence (I dont actually know the exact program for these rides, can someone help) At the end of the ride the electronic signs would say "TECHNICAL ERROR" and you would disembark, as you head out the exit you would hear a recording of Lex saying something along the lines of "my Antigrav! my source of power! ruined!" Thats basically it, I actually just got corel draw so i did a rough idea of how the outside of the ride would look overall, later on i might post some sketches of the inside. Edit: did a revised floor plan for the ride. Basically the foyer part would face north and be directly beside the LW building.

post-88-1142591635_thumb.jpg

post-88-1142676879_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gazza

Nice idea Gazza. It's simple and wouldn't require too much work on their behalf (if there is a building avaliable for it). Does anyone know where an S&S Shot Tower would fit? I think most people are leaning towards the newly developed Superman ESCAPE area. Maybe an outdoor-style queue like The Claw. Thoughts?

Does anyone know where an S&S Shot Tower would fit? I think most people are leaning towards the newly developed Superman ESCAPE area. Maybe an outdoor-style queue like The Claw. Thoughts?
I designed it so it would fit into the middle of SE. I was sort of leaning towards the indoor queue because it is more in line with what MW does, can be air conditioned and can have themeing that wouldnt normally survive in the open. I think the one I did could be done fairly cheaply, just make it out of fibro or besa blocks or something and then go over that with whatever is needed to make it look nice, the only part that would be a bit more expensive would be the glassed in front entrance but it would be worth it.

• 2 weeks later...